Help with color scheme, all suggestions welcome

CZ527

Hey guys,

Working on a little project here with a TL3 and a Manners EH3 in Elite Swamp.

I can't really decide what color to have the barreled action done in.

There's black, Classic of course.

Leave it sand blasted, actually looks really good. Westex91 had one like that.

Tungsten, for something different.

OD green, maybe.

Any other suggestions?

Cerakote makes a color called Sniper Gray that I like real well.
I left one glassbeaded with no coating and it left fingerprints real bad.
I found a Cerakote flat silver that looks like a blast finish and had that rifle coated in that. Looks real nice!

Yes that's called satin mag. It's a perfect match, did my bottom metal and cheek hardware in it for my 6.5. Can't even tell a difference side by side.

I've never seen the swamp camo in person but I wonder if Bazooka Green would be a match? Personally I would choose a matching green or gray for the barreled action, classic can be kinda boring.

Cerakote now has Vortex's Razor Bronze color available. I like the subtle purple hue mixed in with the bronze color. That's the color I'm doing next to one of my rifles.

I was able to lay some swatches next to the stock. Gunmetal gray and tungsten looked the best. Beanland had tungsten, so that was the choice.

I think Cerakote may have changed tungsten up a bit, because his is very dark. It looks much lighter on the Cerakote website.

Originally Posted By: CZ527I was able to lay some swatches next to the stock. Gunmetal gray and tungsten looked the best. Beanland had tungsten, so that was the choice.

I think Cerakote may have changed tungsten up a bit, because his is very dark. It looks much lighter on the Cerakote website.

You can always just tell Jon to match up the Cerakote with the stock color in a combo that looks good to him.
I guarantee you'll be pleased.

He has never led me astray.
grin.gif

Well Jeff, if it makes you feel any better he's the one who laid the tungsten idea down first!

It's always cool to have a look around the shop. I see something I want just about every trip. This time, it was a McMillan Game Warden. I ordered a flat top for now, maybe inspiration will strike soon.

I did tell him you said hello.

Last edited:
I had him go with FDE on my 223ai in an elite swamp eh1. Action was melonited, so that stayed black. Jon is a heck of a nice guy and does impeccable work.

That gravel parking lot may look familiar to you...

LjLJOxG.jpg

I've got some pictures of my 6.5 on that parking lot. It didn't seem right to leave without them. One of these days I'll read the new instructions for posting pictures.

I don't usually post pictures of my stuff online, but if you wanted to see any of them, I wouldn't mind sending a picture.

Last edited:
When it comes to different Cerakote colors schemes I have a pretty wide palette and like all colors, as long as they're graphite black.
thumbup.gif

If I win a calling contest this year, I'm spending the winnings to have my AR coyote rifle cerakoted.
I need everything done, receivers, stock, handguard, optic mount, optic, and suppressor. I will disassemble myself but it will need the old paint (hydrodip) removed. I want it done in tans or fde. Not sure if I want it camo'd yet or just one solid color. I need it done right so it lasts. I've painted it myself a few times and hydrodipped it myself. It looks ok, but I'm ready for it to be (more) permanently finished.

Originally Posted By: B23When it comes to different Cerakote colors schemes I have a pretty wide palette and like all colors, as long as they're graphite black.
thumbup.gif

Seems like Henry Ford said something like that.

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: wormydog1724If I win a calling contest this year, I'm spending the winnings to have my AR coyote rifle cerakoted.
I need everything done, receivers, stock, handguard, optic mount, optic, and suppressor. I will disassemble myself but it will need the old paint (hydrodip) removed. I want it done in tans or fde. Not sure if I want it camo'd yet or just one solid color. I need it done right so it lasts. I've painted it myself a few times and hydrodipped it myself. It looks ok, but I'm ready for it to be (more) permanently finished.

Have you seen MAD camo? I think the outfit is called MAD Custom Coatings.

Originally Posted By: CZ527Originally Posted By: wormydog1724If I win a calling contest this year, I'm spending the winnings to have my AR coyote rifle cerakoted.

Have you seen MAD camo? I think the outfit is called MAD Custom Coatings.

That's exactly who I was looking at. Their Mad Edge looks like what I want.

Back