Benchmade steep country

Halbach

This knife is the best! I've been switching knives faster than primary coyote rifles but have finally settled. The length is just right, excellent control. The Orange handle doesn't slip and stands out great. Knife stays sharp too! Only issue is the sheath. It's junkier than a Chiappa over/under(luckily the customer service is worlds better!). Been carrying it in a buck sheath till I can make a custom. Seriously guys and gals, benchmade makes some outstanding knives and the military/fire/LE discount is 15-20% or more on some models. I tried quite a few before walking out with this one. Anyone else rocking a benchmade?

Originally Posted By: GCI like many of the Axis Lock Benchmade folders.

I agree 100%... I've bought a few of them now and they're great

I've got the grizzly creek folder too but I didn't like it after cleaning a deer. Slippery, fats and blood stuck in all those holes and crevasses. And it's kinda a pain to sharpen since I have to use rods. Probably gonna end up selling that one to cover the cost of a new sheath haha. The griptilian is a good EDC too, has that in the army for a bit before switching to fixed blades.

The Griptilian is a great knife... good to hear positive feedback on the fixed blade Benchmades. I've yet to try one out but maybe I should...

the only issue with any of their fixed blades is the stupid sheaths. The leathers are good but the hidden canyon sheath was the worst, blade cut the strap off first time putting it away and the handle sticks way out. Awesome knives and the best for comfort. Some were a bit small for a full grip but choking up or using them for skinning/dressing they all fit wonderfully.

I have an old pre production run Nimnivarus cub fixed blade that I really like a lot.... bought it in the late 90s sometime. I have been looking at the "Big Summit Lake"..... maybe I can talk old Santa into bringing me one

Originally Posted By: CinchThe Griptilian is a great knife... good to hear positive feedback on the fixed blade Benchmades. I've yet to try one out but maybe I should...

Looking at the mini griptilian with D2. I like it. The wifey knows it, prolly be in my stocking in a few days.
grin.gif

I have the same Knife, but with the black handle. I really like almost all Benchmade line.Folders and fixed blade. Some are on the pricey side, but I love the steels they use. S30V, and 154cm are a little harder to sharpen, but hold an edge well.

Mike

Just picked up a mini reflex II. Easily the sharpest factory edge I've ever owned. Also the first knife over $60 I've ever owned. Can't bring myself to carry it for fear of scratching, dulling, or losing it.

Originally Posted By: crapshootJust picked up a mini reflex II. Easily the sharpest factory edge I've ever owned. Also the first knife over $60 I've ever owned. Can't bring myself to carry it for fear of scratching, dulling, or losing it.

Personally, I am a user of my things. I can appreciate collectors, however for me the real enjoyment of owning stuff is putting it to work. I use the heck out of my stuff, which is not the same as abusing it. Carefully maintained gear that has a long history of reliable use when needed is satisfying to me and gives the gear real value.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...593#Post3025593

Originally Posted By: crapshootJust picked up a mini reflex II. Easily the sharpest factory edge I've ever owned. Also the first knife over $60 I've ever owned. Can't bring myself to carry it for fear of scratching, dulling, or losing it.

Take a chance, they'll make more.

Heck, The arrows I shoot at deer are easily $25 each.
wink.gif

Back