Idaho Wolf Hunt

Bail

Anyone on here have any advice or good info on when or where I can do a DIY hunt or have one of you guys drag me and some buddies around the mountains and watch us get our butts kicked? Any info would be appreciated. I put a post on the hunt swap forum as well. Thanks.

Bail, although I haven't done a wolf hunt up in Idaho but when I called their fish and game dept. they told me some problem areas up there and also give me the name and number of the biologist for the area in which we were going to hunt. They are more than happy to help you out. Heck the biologist that I contacted even offered to show us around the area and tell us where they had been seeing them. Hope this helps and good luck!

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrBail, although I haven't done a wolf hunt up in Idaho but when I called their fish and game dept. they told me some problem areas up there and also give me the name and number of the biologist for the area in which we were going to hunt. They are more than happy to help you out. Heck the biologist that I contacted even offered to show us around the area and tell us where they had been seeing them. Hope this helps and good luck!
Thanks Crittr

Idaho is smart and doesn't like the wolves. As said you should get good help from the biologist and if you join that wildlife conservation group they'll pay you $250 per wolf you bring in to have sealed. Can't remember the exact name but RMEF donates a hefty 20k a year to em.

Get ready to do some of the hardest hunting you've ever done. I buy a tag every year and have yet to fill it. Granted I don't put much effort into it, I'll simply shoot one if I see it while big game hunting. But I do know from talking to many other hunters that they are rarely ever seen, especially now that there is a season on them.

We ran into some Utah hunters last year that had come up to Idaho just to hunt wolves. They also contacted IDFG and spoke to the biologists to get an idea on location. They had been hunting for almost a week by the time we saw them, they had yet to see a wolf. Closest they got was hearing howls.

Good luck to you. The elk in Idaho definitely could use a hand in this fight.

Originally Posted By: MatlockGet ready to do some of the hardest hunting you've ever done. I buy a tag every year and have yet to fill it. Granted I don't put much effort into it, I'll simply shoot one if I see it while big game hunting. But I do know from talking to many other hunters that they are rarely ever seen, especially now that there is a season on them.

We ran into some Utah hunters last year that had come up to Idaho just to hunt wolves. They also contacted IDFG and spoke to the biologists to get an idea on location. They had been hunting for almost a week by the time we saw them, they had yet to see a wolf. Closest they got was hearing howls.

Good luck to you. The elk in Idaho definitely could use a hand in this fight.
I have high expectations of course but I'm also realistic about the odds. I've given myself a year of hitting the gym to get ready. I only hope it's enough to keep the cramps at bay. I'm expecting it to be one of the hardest things I've ever done. It's one of those things I want to do before I get too old. LOL. Thanks for the info.

Heading to Idaho January 5th-12th. North Fork area if anyone has any info they would like to pass on I'd gladly take it.

Back