Howa Mini Bore Guide

AWS

Retired PM Staff
I went to clean my Howa Mini the other night and none of my generic bore guides will fit the action(bolt diameter is small) and I can't seem to find one that will fit. I called Brownell tech support and they couldn't help. Any suggestions?

Right now I'm getting ready to drill out an empty case and solder it to a length of copper tube and make a sleeve to fit the action,. A lot of work unless I can find one for sale.

The Mini is in 6.5 Grendel.

Thanks

AWS

Originally Posted By: reddog964"Lucas bore guide's" the Best and he will make what ever you need!

Just got one from him for my .20 Practical. It's the cat's meow!!

Possum Hollow just got back to me and they have one specificly for the Mini in 6.5 it is #326. Their 223 and I guess 222 is #325

Again thanks for the info from all of you.

Originally Posted By: AWSI went to clean my Howa Mini the other night and none of my generic bore guides will fit the action(bolt diameter is small) and I can't seem to find one that will fit. I called Brownell tech support and they couldn't help. Any suggestions?

Right now I'm getting ready to drill out an empty case and solder it to a length of copper tube and make a sleeve to fit the action,. A lot of work unless I can find one for sale.

The Mini is in 6.5 Grendel.

Thanks

AWS

By the way, how do you like that gun? Is it the lightweight model, How's it shoot?

Looking into a lightweight rifle for tracking and this is in the mix along with the CZ-527.

I see brownells sells just the action/barrel assembly but I can't find a lightweight aftermarket stock to go with it. Wood, that's it.

Here's the original write up of it.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...331#Post3092331

I'll be getting another in 222 Rem, I've sold two shotgun to start the 222 fund. I am thinking about going with the factory stock this time. I've never had the problems others seem to have with factory synthetic stocks but I do make sure there is plenty of clearance and will open them up a lot. I don't try and hang bipods on factory synthetics either.

Back