any smallgame bow hunters?

I keep a couple of blunts with me when I deer hunt I like to keep the squirrels stirred up. I famous with my inlaws for getting a limit of squirrels from my stand and then shooting under a doe at 15 yards. That was with an old browning mirage that I shot with fingers and 2219 arrows with 38 special cases glued on for blunts.
J

Last edited:
I've shot all kinds of small game and predators while deer hunting with a bow, but only recently started taking the bow for small game. Those big rubber blunts seem to stay on top of grass and pack a decent wallop for rabbits and squirrels.

Shooting bullfrogs has turned out to be a really fun new challenge. I have done it during the day and at night. It is kind of addicting.

I liked the old style rubber blunts.The new ones not so much.I got some Ace steel hex blunts a short time back.I havent used them much other than for stumping.But I'm sure they will do a number on small game.

In the 1950's and 60's I used to keep the larder full of rabbits in the winter using a ParX magnesium bow, wood arrows with 35 Rem cases glued on. I quit bow hunting in the late 1970's but just picked up a new bow(recurve)to start bowfishing again. I'm taking a three week trip to WI and hope to get so serious fishing with the bow and rod and real.

I think a compound might be in the future to hunt called coyotes, from my past experience a bow should be effective out to shotgun range.

I hunt rabbits, grouse and squirrels with my compound and stick bow whenever possible. Around my house it's possible most of the time! Mostly I use G5 SGH but I also use blunt tips and ground off field points combined with grasshoppers. The G5's are not as durable when shooting in the hard dirt/rocks so I try to save those for grouse.

I would love a chance to take a Yote, Bobcat, or fox and haven't had one yet. That I would use one of my BH's.

In the summer when I'm bored, I shoot mice. Cant figure out how to upload a pic or Id show you one of my trophies! Shot a Praire dog at 35 yards last summer too.

Back