Same-sex marriage recognized by southern Baptist church

fw707

The vote passed with a “sizable majority.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pjmedia.com...x-marriage/amp/

Ministers will now be able to perform same-sex weddings in the church facilities.

Things sure are changing.
rolleyes.gif

Once again this is a half-truth. As stated in the article, the First Baptist Church of Christ was founded in 1826 but joined the more recently formed splinter group, the Southern Baptist Alliance, which broke away from the Southern Baptist Church in 1987. The Southern Baptist Alliance is comprised of liberals and leftists opposed to the more traditional interpretation and teachings of the Bible. The traditional and more conservative Southern Baptist C. in 2013 had more than 15 million followers in more than 46,000 churches. In 2012 the liberal Southern Baptist Alliance had only 146 churches affiliated with it's alliance.
So see fw, things have not changed all that much.

Originally Posted By: ADKOnce again this is a half-truth. As stated in the article, the First Baptist Church of Christ was founded in 1826 but joined the more recently formed splinter group, the Southern Baptist Alliance, which broke away from the Southern Baptist Church in 1987. The Southern Baptist Alliance is comprised of liberals and leftists opposed to the more traditional interpretation and teachings of the Bible. The traditional and more conservative Southern Baptist C. in 2013 had more than 15 million followers in more than 46,000 churches. In 2012 the liberal Southern Baptist Alliance had only 146 churches affiliated with it's alliance.
So see fw, things have not changed all that much.

ADK,
why don’t you Google “capitalization of proper names”, and then see if you can manage to get your foot out of your mouth?
You demonstrated your total ignorance of all things biblical and faith related in your “playground” thread. Your comment proves that nothing has changed since then.

fw, I get it. You are one of the anti Christ mentioned several times in the Bible. How about giving your anti Christ rant a rest? You've done nothing more than that stir up trouble on this forum and I for one see no need in it. You are in the minority on this board and your leaving would be a blessing.

Originally Posted By: Tnslimfw, I get it. You are one of the anti Christ mentioned several times in the Bible. How about giving your anti Christ rant a rest? You've done nothing more than that stir up trouble on this forum and I for one see no need in it. You are in the minority on this board and your leaving would be a blessing.

slim,
I’m sorry that you are afraid of a mythical creature that you read about in a book. Are you afraid of leprechauns and dragons too?

Are you a southern Baptist, or a Southern Baptist, as in SBC?
(ADK failed to recognize the difference)
rolleyes.gif

I was asking because you mentioned the word “minority”, and the SBC just reconciled with African Americans in 1995, the 150th year of their existence.

http://www.sbc.net/resolutions/899/resol...tist-convention

So since you are concerned with minorities, I’m betting you are not a member of an SBC church??

Originally Posted By: TnslimIt must really suck to be you as you must lead a pathetic life. Have a good day as I'm done with you.

You know slim, there’s really a lot to be discussed on the subject of Baptist churches performing same-sex marriages.

It seems like your “faith” only allows insults rather than discussion.
It must be sad to be censored by an imaginary obligation.

Sad.

This is a perfectly good example of why religion and politics should not be discussed on a hunting forum. To many friends turns enemies because we all have different views. No rights, no wrongs, just different views. As long as guns, reloading, hunting and related items are discussed, we get along for the most part. Religion and politics seem to always starts feuds. JMO!

Originally Posted By: pyscodogThis is a perfectly good example of why religion and politics should not be discussed on a hunting forum. To many friends turns enemies because we all have different views. No rights, no wrongs, just different views. As long as guns, reloading, hunting and related items are discussed, we get along for the most part. Religion and politics seem to always starts feuds. JMO!

You are 100% correct.
And religion is 10x as bad as politics.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodog Religion and politics seem to always starts feuds. JMO!

Uhhhh, coincidentally,
There’s a brand new thread that is a very good example of what starts feuds:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...162#Post3096162

All it takes is one pious individual who believes he has been chosen and authorized by his god to save all of the lost souls on Predator Masters by posting his magical salvation prayer.

lol.gif

There was a time when your posts seemed worth my time to read. No longer though. Your anti-God rants have become more and more irrational and incoherent. I'll pray for you.

Originally Posted By: ADKThere was a time when your posts seemed worth my time to read. No longer though. Your anti-God rants have become more and more irrational and incoherent. I'll pray for you.

Thank you.
There was never a time when your posts seemed worth my time to read.
You’d have a little better chance to have your prayers answered if you’d move your beliefs from agnostic to deist.
But the Christians on here will still tell you that your prayers are falling on deaf ears.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: ADKThere was a time when your posts seemed worth my time to read. No longer though. Your anti-God rants have become more and more irrational and incoherent. I'll pray for you.

Thank you.
You’d have a little better chance to have your prayers answered if you’d move your beliefs from agnostic to deist.
But the Christians on here will still tell you that your prayers are falling on deaf ears.

Interesting comment from someone who has responded to everyone of my posts.
rolleyes.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: ADKOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: ADKThere was a time when your posts seemed worth my time to read. No longer though. Your anti-God rants have become more and more irrational and incoherent. I'll pray for you.

Thank you.

rolleyes.gif
lol.gif

Yeah, I always like watching to see if your third grader persona shows up before your narcolepsy kicks in.
grin.gif

Right out of the liberal play book.
Nothing matters except getting the last word.
That is considered a win.

Having the last word is a compulsion.

I don't know what fw is really up to but I don't believe a word he says.
It don't mean nothing.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: ADKOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: ADKThere was a time when your posts seemed worth my time to read. No longer though. Your anti-God rants have become more and more irrational and incoherent. I'll pray for you.

Thank you.

rolleyes.gif
lol.gif

Yeah, I always like watching to see if your third grader persona shows up before your narcolepsy kicks in.
grin.gif

Name calling? Really? That's the best a 'free thinker' can do?
sleep.gif

Good post fw, yes, it's pretty entertaining how the church every so often has to readjust God's message to keep up with the times.. Lol

I think the Jehovahs take the cake though. After predicting the end of the world about a dozen times and nothing happening. Lol

Hello swampy! I knew the free thinker comment would get you back in the game. You and fw make a pretty good tag team. Alone,the two of you are pretty boring.

Back