Potential Wait Times

Catdog1

A friend of mine just sent in forms for an Omega and a Dead Air Mask, this time he sent them in as an individual rather than using his trust. The dealer told him that he's been seeing those stamps coming in as soon as 4 months. That sounds very hard to believe but I guess we'll see what happens in 4 months.

Last edited:
I sent my forms in to the ATF in the middle of August 16', 14 months and still waiting.....

That dealer is either full of bull or has some family in West Virginia that works for the ATF.......

Originally Posted By: Kino MI sent my forms in to the ATF in the middle of August 16', 14 months and still waiting.....

That dealer is either full of bull or has some family in West Virginia that works for the ATF....... Is yours a trust or individual?

I did a trust on January 8 it went to atf on the 9th I called them last week and they said at least another 3-4 months.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Catdog1Originally Posted By: Kino MI sent my forms in to the ATF in the middle of August 16', 14 months and still waiting.....

That dealer is either full of bull or has some family in West Virginia that works for the ATF....... Is yours a trust or individual?

Individual

Originally Posted By: songdog14 months, holy cow that's ridiculous. I think it took all of 4 months when I got mine 5 years ago.

10 years ago it took me a month, start to finish.

I got an eform form 1 approved in 2 weeks about 2 yrs ago. Latest form 1 and 4 were right close to 11 months this past year.

Reading this makes me think about 5 years ago and me thinking the wait times would go down in time. Needless to say I still haven't filed to get a suppressor and I'm wasting my time not waiting on atf haha

I've gotten 2 back recently the first took right at 6 months and the second one was just over 5 months. Both were through silencer shop

A local dealer just got some individual forms sent in from 12/2016-5/2017.

Seems individual is the way to go right now. He is still waiting on trust forms mailed in August 2016.

Originally Posted By: Santee116A local dealer just got some individual forms sent in from 12/2016-5/2017.

Seems individual is the way to go right now. He is still waiting on trust forms mailed in August 2016.

I'm kind of thinking the new "responsible person" thing,since 41f went into affect, is likely slowing down the process times of those that are using a trust.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: Santee116A local dealer just got some individual forms sent in from 12/2016-5/2017.

I'm kind of thinking the new "responsible person" thing,since 41f went into affect, is likely slowing down the process times of those that are using a trust.

Very possible that is the case. Will likely go the individual route the next go round.

Individual. Two of us ordered at the same time, his will be here next week according to the atf. Have one other friend through the same shop ordered his a month before us and is still waiting

Last edited:
Back