Questions: Nitecore Intellicharger i4

6mm06

I purchased a new Nitecore Intellicharger i4 to use with 18650 batteries, 3.7v and find that the instructions are less than ideal. Maybe it's old age creeping up on me but I just don't understand how to charge the batteries safely. The instructions are confusing and not detailed.

The instructions say to manually charge 3.7 volt batteries, yet it does not tell me a process to do that. One place said to hold down the "C" key to do that, but when I do, nothing happens.

When I insert batteries into the slots, lights turn on- a row of them at each battery from top to bottom. After a couple of seconds the top red lights go off and only green ones remain. Two of the batteries show green lights at the bottom and one above while another battery has three lights. I assume one has more charge than the other two.

Yet I am cautioned to charge manually or the batteries could be destroyed or even explode, so that leaves me cautious until I learn EXACTLY how to do it properly.

Anyone who has used this charger with the 18650 batteries please give me a lesson on how to use it properly.

Thanks.

Thanks JC. The i4 seems a bit more complicated than some other chargers, and maybe not what I should have purchased. I like to keep things simple while getting the job done right.

Appreciate your info.

Back