Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured

right now, today, is a back ground check mandatory to purchase or transfer a firearm in EVERY state of the u.s.a.? my wife says no. i thought yes. who wins?

yes, all sales from an FFL require a federal NICS BG check in all states. private sales across state lines also require BG checks. private sales in state may or may not, depending on that states laws.

I've been stating that we need this for 30 years:

age appropriate gun safety training in public schools.

well, by [beeep], if we just have to do something, anything, there's my suggestion of something to do. fund it & require it.

do it now.

there, we've done something. happy?

Once again the media is giving out the shooters name and making an otherwise nobody into somebody. There are plenty of people who would do almost anything to have their name spread far and wide. A deal like this should prohibit the release of the shooters name, pictures and comments from people who know him.
The way the media covers things just encourages nobodies to do things of this nature.

Originally Posted By: TnslimLots of stuff just doesn't add up on this scenario. Why would a guy not known to be a nut job and with plenty of money do this knowing his time on earth would soon be up? What if he was dead before the shooting started being nothing more than the fall guy? I'm convinced that Hillary's hitman can successfully frame a suicide and she did come out on gun control before the smoke cleared. Ask yourself this......would you put something like this past Hillary, Obama, Soros to further their plan to divide the country? Ok, my tinfoil hat is now off but IMO anything is possible considering those three.

If I'm correct, wasn't there a pro gun bill going up for vote when the congressman was shot in a baseball field and it got shelved? And this week the hearing protection act was up for vote and this happens? Strange coincidence.

the hpa was not up for a vote. it was not on the schedule. the schedule for this week was posted lat friday. it was not on it & the schedule has not changed.

there are reports saying it was shelved but that simply isn't true. it has not been put on the schedule yet.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamOriginally Posted By: 6724Anyone here read Matt Bracken's book "Enemies, foreign and domestic". This event is straight out of the book.

Eerily similar to the stadium massacre, no? How much else in common...

In the book, it is a shooting into a stadium, the largest mass murder in American history. The shooter cannot ever speak of his intents. The cries for gun control are immediate, and in some cases do not have anything to do with what just happened. The shooter is the perfect patsy. The whole story is packaged and handed to the media very quickly, no connection to islamic terror.
The author of the book was predicting an event like this for the last several months.

Does it not seem too perfectly packaged for the anti-gun people? The guy buys the guns legally, buys a bunch of them, has piles of ammo, piles of large magazines, and happens to have tannerite in his car. All things the left would like to ban, like bump stocks. He is described by his neighbors as NOT a gun guy, NO ONE thinks this sounds like him. Does that not sound like a patsy?

I do not believe we will ever know the truth in this one. I think there are several possible scenarios in which it happened. The easiest one, and the one most likely to be ignored by the media is that another Trump hating far lefty, emboldened by the media of late, decided to take out his anger at Trump and his supporters and in the process push the gun control agenda better than ever before.

one thing about the guns & ammo that I do find interesting is that he managed to acquire that many yet no one who knew him seems to have had any idea that he ad any guns at all. I don't know what the girl friend had to say about that but so far everyone who has said anything didn't seem to be aware of them, with the exception of a gun store or 2 who sold him some. buying & storing them, stacking up a fair bit of ammo, presumably trips out to shoot for practice, he managed to keep all of that hidden from the people in his life. possibly for a very long time.

or maybe some of these people are lying about it.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishone thing about the guns & ammo that I do find interesting is that he managed to acquire that many yet no one who knew him seems to have had any idea that he ad any guns at all. I don't know what the girl friend had to say about that but so far everyone who has said anything didn't seem to be aware of them, with the exception of a gun store or 2 who sold him some. buying & storing them, stacking up a fair bit of ammo, presumably trips out to shoot for practice, he managed to keep all of that hidden from the people in his life. possibly for a very long time.

or maybe some of these people are lying about it.

There are guys that live double lives. Prominent married men who like to dress up in women's clothing. One weekend they get busted with a prostitute, cocaine and lingerie and everyone is just so shocked. Look at his Filipino girlfriend, 2 social security numbers and simultaneously married to two different men. Not to mention all this came to a light in Vegas. Not everything that happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...

There is more to it than meets the eye...

its vegas. the middle of nowhere and nothing.

not very hard to drive less than an hour, find an empty patch of nothing 10 miles from basically anywhere and practice training to use something like a bump fire stock and nobody knows about it.

So the same people who have been promoting and acting on violence against patriotic Americans are the same people screaming for gun control now?

What kind of moron would give in to these people who are full of hate and are violent towards Americans for simply being traditional and wanting to make America great again. This is about a whole lot more than just a gun issue or Slide Fire stocks folks.

How stupid can people be...

Local news said authorities still have not determined a motive, but they're focusing on last October, because he purchased 33 guns that month. I'm thinking that's the month Trump started truly showing signs of kicking Hillary's @ss in the election, with the announcement of FBI findings in her numerous probes.

HOWEVER... IF they know that he purchased 33 guns that month, that apparently means there was a record of those purchases. Any of you guys keep a record of your previously owned firearm purchases for tax purposes??? I think not. Any of you buy all your previously owned firearms with a credit card? All of mine were bought with cash. So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess, there is an NCIS record of 33 purchases in one month.

Since it appears many of those purchases would have been ARs, why weren't bells and whistles going off at NCIS??? Maybe I'm wrong here, but it sounds to me like the Government and their illustrious background check system have once again failed, but as usual the Democrats want more background checks because that's going to fix what already isn't working. If they truly want to do something to improve gun safety in this country, they need to stop looking at outlawing accessories, and guns, and making more ignorant laws, and making more stringent background checks and start focusing on fixing the sh1t that is already in place and not working. None of which fixes a situation like this where someone goes off the deep end and spends a year plotting a mass murder.

A person can do most anything one time if they don't tell anybody their going to do it.
I can't think of any law that could stop them.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistA person can do most anything one time if they don't tell anybody their going to do it.
I can't think of any law that could stop them.

Exactly. And no age appropriate gun training would have helped. He obviously knew how to use them and could care less about anyone's safety.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Local news said authorities still have not determined a motive, but they're focusing on last October, because he purchased 33 guns that month. I'm thinking that's the month Trump started truly showing signs of kicking Hillary's @ss in the election, with the announcement of FBI findings in her numerous probes.

HOWEVER... IF they know that he purchased 33 guns that month, that apparently means there was a record of those purchases. Any of you guys keep a record of your previously owned firearm purchases for tax purposes??? I think not. Any of you buy all your previously owned firearms with a credit card? All of mine were bought with cash. So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess, there is an NCIS record of 33 purchases in one month.

Since it appears many of those purchases would have been ARs, why weren't bells and whistles going off at NCIS??? Maybe I'm wrong here, but it sounds to me like the Government and their illustrious background check system have once again failed, but as usual the Democrats want more background checks because that's going to fix what already isn't working. If they truly want to do something to improve gun safety in this country, they need to stop looking at outlawing accessories, and guns, and making more ignorant laws, and making more stringent background checks and start focusing on fixing the sh1t that is already in place and not working. None of which fixes a situation like this where someone goes off the deep end and spends a year plotting a mass murder.

meh. there were soo many NICS checks happening pre-election last fall, i can see 33 from the same person easily fall under the radar of the powers that be.

the panic buy based on the polls showing Hillary and the DNC was gonna win was well under way by then.

october 2016 was an all time high for october gun sales based on the >2.3 million NICS checks run and it was the 2nd highest year on record (after 2015) for total NICS checks at >22 million to date for the year at that point.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/...her-record.html

nbc this morning reported that he had bought 33 over the last year, not 33 at one time or in one month.

no idea what is accurate.

Back