How much does your wife/girl friend know about your guns.

AWS

Retired PM Staff
My wife and I were sitting here tonight and watching the news about Las Vegas and how the girlfriend is going to know all about the shooter.

My wife said she had no idea about what is in my gun safe and rarely knows about my hunting trips until I tell her about where I'm going, even I don't know when I''m going to get back. I do usually text her every night to let her know where I'm camping for the night.

My wife does some shooting and has guns of her own but doesn't have the interest I do and unless I bring a certian gun to her attention(unique guns like drillings, combos or rare shotguns) she has little knowledge of what I have in the house.

How are things in your household?

First of all, please don't ever mention my wife and girlfriend in the same sentence.

But seriously, my wife knows I have quite a few guns, but no exact numbers or what they are.

She knows I have alot. What they are, she hasn't a clue. Kind of like me and her shoes.

Last edited:
Mine might know all that I own but she knows where they all are. She has some full race 3Gun stuff of her own so she can pull a trigger. She really likes shooting my M16.

Lucky for me I've got someone picked as the executor disposer if I kick the bucket. He'll get her top dollar so at least bills will not be a problem for many years. .lol

Hreg

I just hope after I die my Wife doesn't sell mine for what I told her they cost.

- DAA

Spouse supports my habit, but doesn't know where or how many. As matter of fact I haven't actually counted, so when she asks how many I have, I can honestly say I don't know.

Originally Posted By: DAAI just hope after I die my Wife doesn't sell mine for what I told her they cost.

- DAA

EXACTLY!!!

my wife is very up to date with what guns i currently own and where they are because she enjoys shooting and hunting as much as i do and doesnt put up to much fight if i want a new one because i tell her "its for Collin" (our son)

My wife knows I love guns. She doesn't know much about them though she has fired a few. Recently she mentioned that she would like to get a concealed permit and learn to shoot better. She never questions me if I decide to purchase another gun and is always happy to see me happy with hunting trips and my hunting / shooting toys. She loves to cook the wild game I bring home - deer, wild hog, antelope, mule deer etc. She's a country girl and loves everything about country life. While I may go on hunting trips, she also does things she enjoys, like going home to visit her family in the Philippines, or to visit a friend in Canada etc. We encourage each other and I'm blessed to not have a wife standing over me, questioning every gun I get, hunting trip I take etc.

Maybe my explanation was a bit off topic, but just saying how things are in my household.

My wife is aware of what I have and never complains about what I buy. I have bought a lot of them for her also.

Originally Posted By: DAAI just hope after I die my Wife doesn't sell mine for what I told her they cost.

- DAA

No worries there, Dave! Your wife and I already agreed on a price and I think that we are both getting a good deal.

Take care of the Jeep of yours as that is part of the package.

thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: atdShe knows I have alot. What they are, she hasn't a clue. Kind of like me and her shoes.

My wife knows I have a scope.
She’s pretty sure I might have a gun.

She might have a rough idea on the number of guns but would probably go nuts if she found out what that thing on the end of the barrel cost...

I don’t keep anything from her, she knows I have a lot of guns. But I don’t think she would be able to name them off or pays much attention to them.

My wife mostly knows what we have from tv shows, movies, and news reports because she'll see something on tv then ask, "do we have one of those"?

I sometimes think she has short term memory loss because she'll ask multiple times if we have something she sees on tv and I'll flip her sheet about having already told her yes/no ten times already but she always responds with the same answer, "well, if I cared or actually listened to you I probably wouldn't ask so many times but I don't, to both"!

Back