jacked up my CS 24 loading sounds

jk2paintworx

I decided I wanted some more sounds and I ordered Tony Tebbes 2017 collection. There are 74 sounds and somehow when I was adding them I may have dragged a extra sound or something and now it's like a needle in the haystack because I have 497 sounds on there. I am not very "tech savvy" and not to familiar with the Foxpro programming process. My call and remote will not synchronize now and the tech dept at FP said that very sound I have in my catalog must be loaded into the call but none can be duplicated or it will corrupt the whole deal. I have been counting sounds and trying to figure out the missing or duplicate sound but 500 is a lot to dig through when the programming box only shows 26 sounds at a time and all the numbers are out of order in the call catagories.... Any help or ideas? My remote doesn't show catagories or play sounds through speaker any more so I'm using my spare Fury but missing my beloved CS24c

Create a new folder to put all the sounds in that you want on your call. At that point you could look for any duplicates. If there are none, use that folder to reload all the sounds on to your call. That is probably the easiest way to do it.

The guy at Foxpro said I have to have every single call I have in my catalog loaded into my call. There are a bunch of African sounds, goose..... That I don't even want. But he said I have to have every one loaded and no duplicates. I think there is something else wrong.

The guy at Foxpro said I have to have every single call I have in my catalog loaded into my call. There are a bunch of African sounds, goose..... That I don't even want. But he said I have to have every one loaded and no duplicates. I think there is something else wrong.

Try what reb8600 suggested, you can leave out/remove the sounds you don't want/use on your call.

As far as duplicates, yours sounds are loaded and assigned as a number, usually 000 through XXX. For example, you may have 3 sounds called rabbit distress, with each sounding different. When loaded on the call/programmer, it would appear this way:

000 rabbit distress
001 rabbit distress
002 rabbit distress

To me, it makes more sense to rename the sound files as rabbit distress 1, rabbit distress 2, etc, to keep from having the same name for different sound files. Where it matters for programming, at least to my understanding, duplicating names isn't a big deal, but you can't duplicate the number of the file, regardless of the file name, meaning you can only have 1 file numbered 000, 1 numbered 001, 1 numbered 002 and so on.

Last edited:
Thanks. Sounds like i need to get more familiar w the programer. All the sounds have different names and numbers. I have scoured them and not found duplicates. I printed off the list and one by one checked them off and counted them. It all seems to reconcile. I will try the folder suggestion.

Ok. So I am looking at my FP programming utility V4.6.56. I have the caller plugged in and I have the Caller sound files box open. If I remove sounds that I do not use from the list (goose, African......) where do they go? Can I get them back? I am terrible at this stuff.

When your call is plugged in, it should appear as an icon on your desktop. Open it and there should be a folder with all the sound files in it. Just make a copy of the folder and save it to your desktop somewhere and that should save a copy of every sound file loaded on your caller. Then when you're using the programmer, you can delete files you don't want. Also later on you can add files to your caller from this folder through the programmer. Once you save them to your computer or a flash drive, they won't go away unless you delete them from that hard file wherever you decide to save it.

Got it working. Foxpro support figured out that the remote needed formatting. Walked me through that and I'm up and goin. Thanks for the help guys

Back