Just a reminder...

fw707

It’s getting closer to the flu season.
Has everybody remembered to take their flu shot, and is your pneumonia shot up to date?

I’m getting mine tomorrow.

thumbup1.gif

I just passed a place that said flu shots and thought about it. Maybe I will stop in there today and get one. Thanks for the reminder.

Originally Posted By: RedfrogThe vaccine here this year is good for 4 different strains.

Is the strain making the circuit this year one of them?
They gave flu shots here last year and afterwords stated the shot didn't cover current circulating strains.
They didn't say that about flumist which is a live virus not allowed for everyone.

The pharmacy I use started giving flu shots this morning.

And yep, since I was there filling some monthly prescriptions, I got my flu shot while I waited.

but I might get autism...

we get free flu shots at work for any who want them. should be coming up pretty soon now.

Originally Posted By: fw707..Has everybody remembered to take their flu shot, and is your pneumonia shot up to date?..
nope & yep & tks for reminder..

as someone who's managed to stay relatively healthy, i leave the flu shots to those who have medical conditions that require them.

i dont have any specific objection against them other than as tripod said, much of the time they dont even cover the strain that hits for that year. so until such time as a dr says "you need it" i dont bother.

Originally Posted By: RedfrogThe vaccine here this year is good for 4 different strains.

Same here Jim.
Got ours today.

That stuff will kill you, or more likely give you the flu, lol. Anyway - Never got one, rarely get the flu. If I do it's a 24 hour deal. Best prevention is hand washing.

Went and got one yesterday. Thanks to FW for the reminder. Feels like Mike Tyson punched me in the arm.

I don't get the flu often but when I do I get it BAD! Hopefully it will pass me up this year.

Back