YUP It rocked !!!

the jetman

Don't you just love when a plan comes together?
Every year we plan a "predator " Hunt For the week between Archery and antelope season.
The Last two years have been trumped by Moose tag, you just cant pass up on a moose tag.
This yeas the D-I-L got a sheep tag but they took care of that on the first day. SOOOO
We did a epic coyote hunt, By boat.

Copy_of_101_2914_-_Copy.jpg

Very primitive river brakes country, for 3 days and 2 nights we never as much as heard another person / vehicle.
Copy_of_101_2883_-_Copy.jpg

Copy_of_101_2883_-_Copy.jpg

Out standing scenery and PRIME coyote habitat.

Copy_of_101_2896_-_Copy.jpg

Set after set ...
101_2880.jpg

c101_2877_-_Copy.jpg

Some times we would have multiple dog come in from several directions.
c101_2881_-_Copy.jpg

I went in with a big box of 22/250 ( 50) shells and came out with just a few clip fills .
To bad we did not get every coyote we shot at.
Copy_of_101_2835_-_Copy.jpg

Copy_of_101_2902_-_Copy.jpg

The boy and I where about tied as to hits to misses.
At night we would drift in the river and spot light raccoons back to the camp.
In the dark we did not attempt to land and pick them up Very technical in the current /dark/ and rocks.
Quite a chore in the day light.
Copy_of_101_2887_-_Copy.jpg

We amassed 12 hides and out standing memories, just cant beet a plan then come together like that.
PS
This is what it looks like today Glad we hit that right...
image.jpg

image.jpg

1689.gif

Originally Posted By: W. Chad ShultzLooks like a good time!
W. Chad Shultz
Did you guys get a ton of snow in the brakes ?
Can you say MUD !!!!

Jetman- Thanks for the reply on fur conditon. With all the snow it is time to get after them! Wild and scenic river beautiful country! Looks like hunter of the month write up! You have my vote. Rudy

Jetman- Thanks for the reply on fur conditon. With all the snow it is time to get after them! Wild and scenic river beautiful country! Looks like hunter of the month write up! You have my vote. Rudy

Ok.. that settles the debate in my head...I'm heading out this weekend.. I haven't gone since late August. Been waiting on fur..
I've kept myself preoccupied with big game for a few weeks now. Better get some stretched before the rifle antelope hunters get them stirred up.

Thanks for sharing.. what a cool way to hunt yotes..

You guys/Gals get all the luck with weather. Even though we seldom, if ever, save fur its still greener than a fresh gourd here with day time temps in the 80's. Not that that means we dont shoot. Its just tougher to see em....

Way to go. Good trip.

Back