Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: wybobHe is described through the media as a fairly normal, wealthy retired guy. A man who liked and owned many firearms, with no reason as of yet to do this. Why, the perfect patsy for a specific agenda, maybe.

That's funny. Don't believe everything you hear from the media. His brother said he wasn't a gun fanatic, had no military background, and he doesn't have a clue where or when he got all the guns.

Of course the media is going to make him out to be a gun fanatic lunatic. The fact is is that gun fanatics don't do these types of things...

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Sunday Bloody Sunday in the city of sin. Looking at this with the second largest and recent mass shooting at the pulse night club, gives me a Sodom and Gamorra vibe. Sadly we have the Clarleston church shooting as a rebuttal.

Flipping the switch to the stage lights could have saved a lot of lives. I watch the footage and all I can think about is "KILL THE LIGHTS!" For the love of God kill the lights...

I really can't get behind the idea of god punishing us for sins. This is simply the result of a deity giving it's creation free will. If it was a punishment from god, don't you think the almighty would lay its own hand down?

But, moving on, killing the lights wouldn't have done anything either. This guy was clearly motivated to kill a lot of people, and I highly doubt he chose soft points or hollow points for his ammo. Probably FMJ's that would've killed people with ricochets. Not to mention Vegas is full of lights. We've all looked across a field during a full moon. Not much different here.

From what I have read, he was an anti-Trump, proud democrat, Rachel Maddow watching, lefty. According to his brother he was not into guns. There is video of a guy that probably is him wearing a pink [beeep] hat at a Reno anti-Trump even two weeks earlier. I just read this am that he had ammonium nitrate in his car, that at least two of the guns were modified to be full auto.
This is not the work of some guy who was not into guns. This was someone who had to work on this for a considerable time prior to the shooting. I doubt we will ever know the whole story, but it doesn't pass the smell test. There are too many conflicting bits of information.

Anyone here read Matt Bracken's book "Enemies, foreign and domestic". This event is straight out of the book.

After watching several videos of this tragedy I'm struck by three things. The fact that many people just layed down and did nothing, the fact many people felt the first and best thing to do was to get the phone out and video as they were hunkered down in the open getting shot at with full auto rifle fire and the numbers of people that wouldn't drop their beer while they ran or while they lay on the ground hoping they didn't get shot. Amazing ...

They need to find out where this sick Bas---D did his shooting practice and the family saying they did not know anything in his history that would make them think something was wrong with him I callBS

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishyou keep missing the fact that he wasn't just over 400' away. he wasn't shooting people on the sidewalk at the base of the building. he was at least 100 yards away & what I've seen reported claimed 1000 to 1200 feet, which is more on the order of 300 - 400 yards.

you really think that with a handgun from that distance you could do anything effective? with NO possibility of putting rounds through the windows of other rooms in the hotel, possibly hitting other people?

I know -not think, I KNOW- that I couldn't shoot a pistol that well.

Normally, I'd say no way someone can do this, but I bet T-bone has had some experience in extreme long distance handgun shooting. As impossible as it seems to neutralize a barricaded man 300 yds away behind cover in an unknown location, I'd say the odds would be about 50/50

Last edited:
lot's of crap floating around, most of which likely isn't accurate.

most of what we have at this point is simply guessing.

We do know that he had no significant criminal record, as a gun store that sold him some guns reported that he passed the NICS checks for them. We know that there are no reported known mental issues in the past. there was no reason to strip him of any of his rights that have been revealed so far.

the press has made much over the fact that in total he has 42 guns. so what? I've had that many at times, though I think right now I'm a bit under that total. not sure without doing a count. he had a lot of ammo. well, if you have guns you usually have ammo for them & if they're in different calibers that can turn into a lot of ammo pretty quick. lots of us have a bunch of guns & lots of ammo. I hand load most of mine so I not only have a lot of ammo, I have a lot of powder, primers, brass & bullets to make it with as well as the tools to do so. having a bunch of guns & ammo is neither a crime nor an indication that you have any harmful intent, I've had this stuff for decades.

I've seen a fair bit of alarmist reporting about his having had explosives, but now it seems to just be tannerite. They make it sound like he was on the brink of being the Ok City bomber & then reveal that he had a reactive substance that people quite commonly buy to shoot at, not a thing unusual in someone having some.

some have made a point bout his dad's record but that's irrelevant. we don't punish people & take their rights away for crimes they had no involvement in or responsibility for.

the big unanswered question is "why?". maybe we'll figure it out one day, maybe not. I can think of several possibilities but it's all just guessing, so I won't do that right now. I would like to know why, if it can be determined.

Originally Posted By: GCAfter watching several videos of this tragedy I'm struck by three things. The fact that many people just layed down and did nothing, the fact many people felt the first and best thing to do was to get the phone out and video as they were hunkered down in the open getting shot at with full auto rifle fire and the numbers of people that wouldn't drop their beer while they ran or while they lay on the ground hoping they didn't get shot. Amazing ...

The guy opened fire at the very end of the concert. I'm sure a lot of those people were tired, drunk, and/or stoned out of their minds. I wouldn't expect a lot of critical thinking to be going on in that type of situation.

As for the phones, refer to an episode of Black Mirror. It's what people do now, I guess. I saw a bear one morning on the way into work. The first thing my wife asked was, "Did you get a picture with your phone?!" No...actually that was the farthest thing from my mind.

Originally Posted By: GrizleyHunterThey need to find out where this sick Bas---D did his shooting practice and the family saying they did not know anything in his history that would make them think something was wrong with him I callBS

Apparently you've never known someone that has surprised you before.

I knew a woman, who was a friend and a co-worker. One day she said, "Let's go to the bar and have a drink, just chill out and forget about this place." I declined, since it was a work night and I had to get up early the next day. Well, that night she went home, started a quad in a closed up garage, and killed herself. I never saw it coming. Never had even the slightest clue she would do that.

EDIT: A friend of mine was very, very good friends with a girl I went to high school with. Same thing. One night she went home, laid down in bed, swallowed the barrel of a pistol and ended it right there. NO ONE saw it coming. Sometimes people just lose it, and you won't see it coming.

Last edited:
he lived in NV, his brother lives in FL.

his brother would know what he was up to & where he went for target practice, well, how, exactly?

To bad nobody was able to make an announcement to run, just to put people into gear. It does seem like many people just hunkered down in the open without cover. The floor looks concrete as well which would mean a lot of skipped rounds to add to the damage.

Lots of things don't add up with this one. Obviously, a lot of planning and thought went into this. With that normally going to have some type of motive. Unless there was one and they're keeping it quiet.

Jason Aldean sure didn't hang around. His fight or flight kicked in and he boot scootin boogied out of there! I'm not criticizing him, it's what his natural instinct was and he did it. Like my first post about the crowds reaction it's just an interesting human nature observation.

I'm surprised no one ran towards the stage, to seek cover there. I'm sure security booked it right behind the performers. But again, booze, drugs, late night, mass hysteria, hard to say what I would've done. Probably staggered around drunk, wondering what was going on and got mowed down by gun fire.

Originally Posted By: GCJason Aldean sure didn't hang around. His fight or flight kicked in and he boot scootin boogied out of there! I'm not criticizing him, it's what his natural instinct was and he did it. Like my first post about the crowds reaction it's just an interesting human nature observation.

There’s a good chance he had some experienced security folks that had a plan too.

thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerTo bad nobody was able to make an announcement to run, just to put people into gear. It does seem like many people just hunkered down in the open without cover. The floor looks concrete as well which would mean a lot of skipped rounds to add to the damage.

Lots of things don't add up with this one. Obviously, a lot of planning and thought went into this. With that normally going to have some type of motive. Unless there was one and they're keeping it quiet.

Maybe they are keeping quite what they know about motive.
Nothing except he was a nut would work.
Anything else wouldn't work for anybody.

I wonder if we will ever know.

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerTo bad nobody was able to make an announcement to run, just to put people into gear. It does seem like many people just hunkered down in the open without cover.

there was really no place to go.

the area was secured by a fence to keep folks who didnt have tickets out. which basically acted like a corral. exit/entrance was severely limited. had someone mad an announcement to run - and set off a possible worse panic - there likely would have been a lot more injuries due to people getting trampled.

tens of thousands of people trying to get out of a couple exits in a pure blind panic fed by people on a loudspeaker system yelling run is a recipe for disaster on a scale even beyond what this tragedy has already handed out

thoughts and prayers to the family's of all the dead and wounded.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistOriginally Posted By: swampwalkerTo bad nobody was able to make an announcement to run, just to put people into gear. It does seem like many people just hunkered down in the open without cover. The floor looks concrete as well which would mean a lot of skipped rounds to add to the damage.

Maybe they are keeping quite what they know about motive.
Nothing except he was a nut would work.
Anything else wouldn't work for anybody.

I wonder if we will ever know.

There is definitely a motive. This was premeditated. There was a lot of thought put into how he was going to carry this out. Imo, I'm leaning towards he was an anti-Trump anti republican nutcase. For the simple fact that he picked a country music festival to carry out his act of evil. Again, this is just my opinion.

And I see the bill concerning silencers has been shelved indefinitely. It's amazing how one tweet, of pure ignorance, can make everyone declare it so without using reason, logic, or evidence.

Originally Posted By: 6724Anyone here read Matt Bracken's book "Enemies, foreign and domestic". This event is straight out of the book.

Eerily similar to the stadium massacre, no? How much else in common...

Back