RIP Tom Petty

Sometimes when a coyote gets back up after getting shot and laying there awhile I say "he feels happy! He feels happy!".

Nobody ever gets it.

- DAA

Yeah, you can stand him up at the gates of he77 but he won't back down...

Regardless, when I heard this earlier today this song came to mind;

I don't smoke weed like I did in my teens and early 20s, but I still drive those same country roads.
I don't enjoy all the music I listened to in my teens and early 20s, but I still find his music fits driving those old country roads...

Originally Posted By: Tom Petty
Sometime later, getting the words wrong
Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
Nauseous adrenalin
Like breakin' up a dogfight
Like a deer in the headlights
Frozen in real time
I'm losing my mind

It's time to move on, time to get going
What lies ahead, I have no way of knowing
But under my feet, baby, grass is growing
It's time to move on, it's time to get going

Probly playing End of The Line.
thumbup1.gif

nope, turns out he's dead, Jim.

I hadn't expected that. at 66 he wasn't that old, looked to be in good shape & I never heard anything about drugs. he woulda been way down my list of rockers that might be next.

Yep, died last night at 8:40 PT.
Everybody with XM already knows I’m sure, but channel 31 is Tom Petty Radio.
Jamming on a road trip right now.

grin.gif

I was never a big fan. Not that I really didn't like him or anything, I just never really got into his music like I did wit some others, though of course I've heard/listened to it all my life on various rock stations.

But he did have a great career, a huge fan base & died too young.

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Yeah, you can stand him up at the gates of he77 but he won't back down...

Regardless, when I heard this earlier today this song came to mind;

I don't smoke weed like I did in my teens and early 20s, but I still drive those same country roads.
I don't enjoy all the music I listened to in my teens and early 20s, but I still find his music fits driving those old country roads...

Originally Posted By: Tom Petty
Sometime later, getting the words wrong
Wasting the meaning and losing the rhyme
Nauseous adrenalin
Like breakin' up a dogfight
Like a deer in the headlights
Frozen in real time
I'm losing my mind

It's time to move on, time to get going
What lies ahead, I have no way of knowing
But under my feet, baby, grass is growing
It's time to move on, it's time to get going

Excellent!!

thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: DAASometimes when a coyote gets back up after getting shot and laying there awhile I say "he feels happy! He feels happy!".

Nobody ever gets it.

- DAA

lol.gif

First person that ever got it
laugh.gif

Any coyote needs shot twice, me and Tim call a recycled coyote. Something you might hear in the Jeep after a messy stand - "Had to recycle him, he was feeling happy".
laugh.gif

- DAA

Saw him live Sheffield 1977 Brilliant concert atmosphere was awesome can remember it like yesterday, May God Bless you TOM and help those you have left behind.

I always liked this by Tom Petty and the heart breakers Here in 1978 on the old grey whisttle test with whispering bob harris.

I dunno if he was an anti but I have read that he had done something when he was younger & became a prohibited person who could no longer legally have any guns.

Back