Leupold VX-5HD

Flesh Eater

Has anyone purchased this? It seems to be a rather new scope, and reviews are limited. My finger is hovering over the "Buy Now," button. Hoping the 56mm objective provides a superior night hunting scope.

What I've been told about them is they have the same glass as the VX6 HD. I don't have a new 6HD but I have a VX6 and the optics are very good. The new HD model is supposed to be better than the previous model and if the 5HD has the same glass or better than my standard VX6, I'd say it'll have extremely good glass and would likely be a very good choice.

Originally Posted By: B23What I've been told about them is they have the same glass as the VX6 HD. I don't have a new 6HD but I have a VX6 and the optics are very good. The new HD model is supposed to be better than the previous model and if the 5HD has the same glass or better than my standard VX6, I'd say it'll have extremely good glass and would likely be a very good choice.

Thank you, B23!

As of right now I like my Rifleman, and am very impressed with a $200 scope. I can honestly say I've never even held a $1,000 scope in my hand, so I can only imagine how unbelievable the quality is.

Well, I did it. The Leupold VX-5HD is on its way.

OpticsPlanet.com offered a free Benchmade Steep Country knife with the purchase, and had a 5% off coupon code. Not a bad deal considering.

Originally Posted By: TheOpticZoneJust for future knowledge, we have a 12% coupon code on our front page if any one is interested.

Had you posted this a day or two sooner, I would've purchased from you.

Originally Posted By: TheOpticZoneWe have a coupon code on our site every day. It is on the top of our website.

This is the first I've heard of your site, which is a shame, because it's probably the easiest site to navigate. I loaded up a cart and price compared it in less than 5 minutes. For future orders I'll be sure to keep an eye on your page!

Wonder if leupold is considering making an higher powered vx5hd. I would be all over a 5-25x50. Hopefully they will.

Originally Posted By: zr600Wonder if leupold is considering making an higher powered vx5hd. I would be all over a 5-25x50. Hopefully they will.

Rumor has it - from good source that Leupold will be introducing their MK4 replacement line late December. What I am being told is the scopes will be built on the 5X platform like the VX5's. If this comes to fruition I am sure there will be a higher magnification model.

I received the scope last night, set it up, and sighted it in. Holy. Crap. This scope is awesome! It's amazing at night with my Coyote Light!

I took my last two shots at 7pm last night (had I not moved it down one click, they would've landed in the same hole), and it was like looking through the scope at 4 pm on 15 power. On 3x it was clear as day in the woods. I'm amazed at the quality of glass in this scope. Money well spent!

Sounds great Flesh Eater. Let us know of anything else positive on the VX-5HD that you think of. Really interested in this scope.

I've got the VX-6 3-18x50 and while the 18 top end is nice at the range, I rarely zoom it past 15 while hunting. Very interested in the 3-15x56, I bet it is awesome at dawn and dusk.

I have the V5 HD in 3-15x42. I haven't hunted with it yet, but I have taken it down to the fields at dusk.

I would say it is significantly brighter than my vx3. Last evening, I could have easily shot a doe at 350 yds which I couldn't even pick out with my eye.

Back