Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#3095128 - 10/04/17 01:59 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
dbs1 Offline

Loc: arizona
As a multiple gun owner and as a dad who had a son with a mental illness take his own life after purchasing a firearm from a person who had no idea of his condition and of which I place no blame...we gun owners may have to be part of the solution.

I'm not suggesting infringing on anyone's 2nd amendment rights and in this case I am at a loss of what could have been done to prevent this. But as one who owns several AR rifles I don't see the need for making them into something that can shoot rounds at a faster rate and certainly no full autos being owned by everyday citizens as well as the ability for anyone to be able to get on a computer and check to see if someone is mentally unstable before selling them a firearm.

I realize it's a slippery slope and perhaps none of these would have prevented it, but saving SOME life's might have happened. Seems we in the gunowning community might be better off to take a look at some of these ideas before we have no say in what happens. Just a thought.

#3095133 - 10/04/17 02:18 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Stu Farish Offline

Moderator/Webmaster

Loc: Have gun, will travel
I note that our constitution & BOR is distinctly lacking in qualifiers such as "need" or "hunting" in the protection of our enumerated or other rights.

these stocks have been around for some years now. so far as I know there are many 10's of thousands of them in circulation & until monday not one had ever been used in the commission of a crime. again, it's an approach to banning objects rather than determining and dealing with causes.

we could ban them & I doubt that it would stop a single gun crime from occurring.

I don't fall into the camp of doing something for the sake of doing something. they demand that we do something, anything. I could suggest something to do but I can guarantee that they wouldn't like it, so clearly just doing anything really isn't what they want.

I think pretty much everyone agrees that it's a good idea to keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them. problem is that they keep demanding that we do things that won't accomplish that & to a lot of them, all of us are people who shouldn't have them.

Right now there's a new background check bill introduced in the house. Utterly irrelevant, the guy passed BG checks with no problems, there is no change suggested that would have changed that fact.

This guy had no criminal history & no history of mental illness that was a disqualifier. He did not meet any of the other conditions listed on a form 4473 that would make him a prohibited person. He could have legally bought any gun in the country, including any NFA controlled item such as a full auto, suppressor, sawed off shotgun, explosives, etc.

if anyone can show me something that demonstrably might have prevented him from being able to act, I'm all ears, but so far I have not see any such thing.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3095134 - 10/04/17 02:22 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Stu Farish Offline

Moderator/Webmaster

corrction: they're about to introduce a new BG check bill in the house. I thought they had but they've just announced that they will.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3095140 - 10/04/17 02:42 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
jumprightinit Offline
PM senior

Loc: Ione, Washistan

I don't know how factual the report was but it said the shooter was prescribed a benzodiazepine , just another tangent to consider.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine

LIBERALS.
Be careful. Sometimes they look like regular people.

No matter how you look at it at the end of the day BO still stinks.

#3095151 - 10/04/17 03:37 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
swampwalker Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: orange county ny
I find it very conspicuous that this guy had such a clean record with zero political views. How many people are that serious about guns and have zero interest in politics. His own brother described him as somebody who "was not a gun guy at all" really? With 42 guns? It's almost as though he kept away from politics to paint the " this guy could have been anybody" picture

Perhaps, the guy was so anti-gun, that he had this planned for years and shooting up a "right leaning" country festival, would help galvanize gun control from conservatives that formerly did not exist.

One thing I'm curious about is his medical status. He could have been diagnosed with a terminal disease, which could have been the impetus to put his plan in effect. kinda like Jack Ruby

I don't know, I just find it hard to believe that all that planning and there's absolutely zero about the guy.. the silence seems strategic, like he wanted it to be perceived that way, but why.

#3095156 - 10/04/17 04:00 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
SlickerThanSnot Offline
PM senior

Loc: stuck in a fence
right now, today, is a back ground check mandatory to purchase or transfer a firearm in EVERY state of the u.s.a.? my wife says no. i thought yes. who wins?

#3095157 - 10/04/17 04:06 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Stu Farish Offline

Moderator/Webmaster

yes, all sales from an FFL require a federal NICS BG check in all states. private sales across state lines also require BG checks. private sales in state may or may not, depending on that states laws.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3095158 - 10/04/17 04:06 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Stu Farish Offline

Moderator/Webmaster

I've been stating that we need this for 30 years:

age appropriate gun safety training in public schools.

well, by [beeep], if we just have to do something, anything, there's my suggestion of something to do. fund it & require it.

do it now.

there, we've done something. happy?

Keep calm and crazy on

#3095161 - 10/04/17 04:09 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Stub2 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Northwest Michigan
Once again the media is giving out the shooters name and making an otherwise nobody into somebody. There are plenty of people who would do almost anything to have their name spread far and wide. A deal like this should prohibit the release of the shooters name, pictures and comments from people who know him.
The way the media covers things just encourages nobodies to do things of this nature.

#3095180 - 10/04/17 06:07 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Tnslim]
larr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: marylands eastern shore
Originally Posted By: Tnslim
Lots of stuff just doesn't add up on this scenario. Why would a guy not known to be a nut job and with plenty of money do this knowing his time on earth would soon be up? What if he was dead before the shooting started being nothing more than the fall guy? I'm convinced that Hillary's hitman can successfully frame a suicide and she did come out on gun control before the smoke cleared. Ask yourself this......would you put something like this past Hillary, Obama, Soros to further their plan to divide the country? Ok, my tinfoil hat is now off but IMO anything is possible considering those three.

If I'm correct, wasn't there a pro gun bill going up for vote when the congressman was shot in a baseball field and it got shelved? And this week the hearing protection act was up for vote and this happens? Strange coincidence.
Thomas Jefferson

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#3095181 - 10/04/17 06:16 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Stu Farish Offline

Moderator/Webmaster

the hpa was not up for a vote. it was not on the schedule. the schedule for this week was posted lat friday. it was not on it & the schedule has not changed.

there are reports saying it was shelved but that simply isn't true. it has not been put on the schedule yet.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3095186 - 10/04/17 06:41 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Stu Farish]
wybob Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: southwest wyoming
Another angle, do not know how much truth there is to it.
http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/234364/las_vegas_shooting_who_benefits/

#3095187 - 10/04/17 06:42 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: DesertRam]
6724 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: colorado
Originally Posted By: DesertRam
Originally Posted By: 6724
Anyone here read Matt Bracken's book "Enemies, foreign and domestic". This event is straight out of the book.

Eerily similar to the stadium massacre, no? How much else in common...

In the book, it is a shooting into a stadium, the largest mass murder in American history. The shooter cannot ever speak of his intents. The cries for gun control are immediate, and in some cases do not have anything to do with what just happened. The shooter is the perfect patsy. The whole story is packaged and handed to the media very quickly, no connection to islamic terror.
The author of the book was predicting an event like this for the last several months.

Does it not seem too perfectly packaged for the anti-gun people? The guy buys the guns legally, buys a bunch of them, has piles of ammo, piles of large magazines, and happens to have tannerite in his car. All things the left would like to ban, like bump stocks. He is described by his neighbors as NOT a gun guy, NO ONE thinks this sounds like him. Does that not sound like a patsy?

I do not believe we will ever know the truth in this one. I think there are several possible scenarios in which it happened. The easiest one, and the one most likely to be ignored by the media is that another Trump hating far lefty, emboldened by the media of late, decided to take out his anger at Trump and his supporters and in the process push the gun control agenda better than ever before.

#3095254 - 10/04/17 10:23 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: wybob]
Infidel 762 Offline

Loc: Okie
Originally Posted By: wybob
Another angle, do not know how much truth there is to it.
http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/234364/las_vegas_shooting_who_benefits/

I don't know how much truthf there is to this, but it does make Erie sense...

Something is definitely up

#3095259 - 10/04/17 10:31 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Stu Farish Offline

Moderator/Webmaster

one thing about the guns & ammo that I do find interesting is that he managed to acquire that many yet no one who knew him seems to have had any idea that he ad any guns at all. I don't know what the girl friend had to say about that but so far everyone who has said anything didn't seem to be aware of them, with the exception of a gun store or 2 who sold him some. buying & storing them, stacking up a fair bit of ammo, presumably trips out to shoot for practice, he managed to keep all of that hidden from the people in his life. possibly for a very long time.

or maybe some of these people are lying about it.

Keep calm and crazy on

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Stu Farish 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.