Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#3094639 - 10/02/17 12:56 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Bad Dawg]
Tbone-AZ Offline
PM senior

Loc: AZ, Phoenix
Originally Posted By: Bad Dawg
Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot
[quote=Tbone-AZ
If concert goers were CCW holders and allowed to carry they could have returned fire.

return fire to a guy 32 stories up with a ccw? seriously? smile

I agree. There is very little a handgun would have done to stop the perp in this incident. [/quote]

Ever been shot at?

right, because standing there in a crowd of hundreds and doing nothing is the correct answer.

However futile, firing at a window that is just over 130yrds would have forced him to take cover. That time would allow hundreds to move and seek cover. (also as soon as he was faced LE, he committed suicide) 32 floors is under 400', 400 feet works out to 120meters

#3094640 - 10/02/17 01:02 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
jumprightinit Offline
PM senior

Loc: Ione, Washistan
Just wondering, the shooter was on the 32nd floor. What floor was the concert on? I haven't stumbled across that yet. OK, I can't delete this post but I guess it was an outdoor venue.

Edited by jumprightinit (10/02/17 01:05 PM)

LIBERALS.
Be careful. Sometimes they look like regular people.

No matter how you look at it at the end of the day BO still stinks.

#3094643 - 10/02/17 01:12 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Tbone-AZ]
fw707 Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: Roadside watermelon stand
Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZ
[quote=Tbone-AZ
If concert goers were CCW holders and allowed to carry they could have returned fire.

I agree. There is very little a handgun would have done to stop the perp in this incident.

Ever been shot at?

right, because standing there in a crowd of hundreds and doing nothing is the correct answer.

However futile, firing at a window that is just over 130yrds would have forced him to take cover. That time would allow hundreds to move and seek cover. (also as soon as he was faced LE, he committed suicide) 32 floors is under 400', 400 feet works out to 120meters

[/quote]

Originally Posted By: Stu Farish
reported distance was about 1200 feet. I know I wouldn't have been able to put rounds through his window with a pistol. maybe I coulda hit some folks in rooms all around him...

Tbone,
did you know there were more than 22,000 people at the concert?

Carl Sagan

#3094646 - 10/02/17 01:18 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Stu Farish Offline

Moderator/Webmaster

Loc: Have gun, will travel
it was an outdoor venue across from the hotel.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3094647 - 10/02/17 01:19 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Flesh Eater Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: 2D Pennsylvania
At 406 yards away, the shooter never even would've noticed a handgun being fired back at him. He would've been deafened by the blasts inside the room and never would've seen the muzzle flash from a pistol. All you would've accomplished was probably sending rounds through the air which could possibly strike innocent bystanders.

#3094649 - 10/02/17 01:24 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Flesh Eater]
fw707 Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: Roadside watermelon stand
Originally Posted By: Flesh Eater
At 406 yards away, the shooter never even would've noticed a handgun being fired back at him. He would've been deafened by the blasts inside the room and never would've seen the muzzle flash from a pistol. All you would've accomplished was probably sending rounds through the air which could possibly strike innocent bystanders.

Exactly.
And you would have had about a zero chance of even locating the source of the shooting considering distance, concert noise, and darkness.

Carl Sagan

#3094668 - 10/02/17 03:20 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Tbone-AZ]
Bad Dawg Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Michigan, United States
[quote=SlickerThanSnot][quote=Tbone-AZ

Ever been shot at?

Maybe, maybe not. I guess something would have been better than nothing, like you mentioned. With that being said, I don't know much about the cpl laws out there in Vegas but I don't believe you can legally take a handgun into a venue like that.

~Age and Wisdom Have Nothing In Common~

~I’m half deaf. If only I can become half blind, I’ll have found peace~

#3094670 - 10/02/17 03:41 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
Tim Neitzke Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Michigan

This gets my vote for WOW ! post of the year !

crazy

Let's go Brandon !!

#3094674 - 10/02/17 03:46 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Tim Neitzke Offline
Former Moderator

Pulling carry gun and firing in a crowd that size is good way to get a beat down or even shot.

Let's go Brandon !!

#3094675 - 10/02/17 03:47 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Stu Farish Offline

Moderator/Webmaster

I carry everywhere I'm allowed & a lot of places I'm not. I just don't see how it would have done me any good had I been at the show when this happened.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3094676 - 10/02/17 03:47 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Tim Neitzke Offline
Former Moderator

Drawing a carry gun and firing in a crowd that size is good way to get a beat down or even shot.

Let's go Brandon !!

#3094678 - 10/02/17 03:50 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Tbone-AZ]
jumprightinit Offline
PM senior

Loc: Ione, Washistan
[quote=Tbone-AZ

I agree. There is very little a handgun would have done to stop the perp in this incident.

Ever been shot at? Yeah, a guy unloaded a .38 revolver at me and my partner while we were in a boat out in the middle of a river. You could see the bullets hitting the water, his alignment was ok but the bullets were hitting the water about 40 yds short. The shooter was about 200 yds from us and on the same level. Given the circumstances in this shooting a pistol shot from the crowd would probably hit a couple of stories below where the shooter was. Thats just my opinion and that would depend a lot on the pistol and the person shooting it.

[/quote]

Edited by jumprightinit (10/02/17 03:51 PM)

LIBERALS.
Be careful. Sometimes they look like regular people.

No matter how you look at it at the end of the day BO still stinks.

#3094681 - 10/02/17 04:05 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Flesh Eater]
Bad Dawg Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Michigan, United States
Originally Posted By: Flesh Eater
I was just about to post what everyone else stated. Handguns would've been useless in this situation, but would've been useful in Nice, France. For sure.

Good point. There are many, many situations where this is the case.

~Age and Wisdom Have Nothing In Common~

~I’m half deaf. If only I can become half blind, I’ll have found peace~

#3094684 - 10/02/17 04:22 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
Stu Farish Offline

Moderator/Webmaster

you keep missing the fact that he wasn't just over 400' away. he wasn't shooting people on the sidewalk at the base of the building. he was at least 100 yards away & what I've seen reported claimed 1000 to 1200 feet, which is more on the order of 300 - 400 yards.

you really think that with a handgun from that distance you could do anything effective? with NO possibility of putting rounds through the windows of other rooms in the hotel, possibly hitting other people?

I know -not think, I KNOW- that I couldn't shoot a pistol that well.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3094685 - 10/02/17 04:23 PM Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50 Reported Dead 200 Injured [Re: Foxpro.223]
songdog Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Elizabeth.Colo.
my guess is if someone had even TRIED to return fire with a handgun, good chance that he/she would've been shot by police because no one really seemed to know where the shots were coming from.
Firing a CCW in this scenario would've been, well, just stupid.

I tried to tell you to say NO to Joe and the Ho and you didn't listen. Well, down the hill we go thanks to you. Can't say I didn't try to tell ya.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Stu Farish 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.