AR Barrels (updated with rifle pics)

I run a Krieger, LaRue, older Bushmaster (Non-CL), and I recently received a X Caliber chambered in 6x45 (haven't shot yet).

Krieger is by far the most accurate. I had had almost zero load work up for it. It just seemed to shoot most of my other loads great. The LaRue has been good, and the old Bushmaster has been a fantastic little barrel once I figured out what it liked.

Here is the finished rifle. I'll list the parts below that I went with. Thanks again for all the info!

Anderson lower
CMMG lower parts kit
Velocity trigger
Ergo grip
Luth-AR MBA 1 stock with JSE buffer, tube and spring
Aero Precision upper with JSE parts kit
Palmetto BCG
Green Mountain 1:8 GM-18 barrel
Yankee Hill lo-pro gas block and JSE gas tube
JSE prong flash hider
Stngr handguard
Warne Ex-skel gen 2 mount
Sightron S-tac 3-16x42

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorLooks good. Do you like the stngr guard? I have been eyeing them but have yet to order one.

Thanks! I do like it a lot. Very lightweight (right at 12oz with barrel nut iirc) and very slim. It's easy to take on and off as well. They were great to deal with, shipped fast, priced very well and American made. So far I recommend them.

Originally Posted By: DogHuntingDogLooks awesome! That's a great first build. My first build still looks like a hodgepodge of parts because I didn't have a plan when I built it.

Thank ya! I had a general idea of what I wanted to do but switched a few parts out for what was on sale and then swapped handguards once I found that company. I think it turned out pretty good. Going to see what it does with some reloads this weekend.

Thank ya! I ran about 60 rounds through it this weekend. It was shooting pretty good then we got to looking and the slim handguard was putting pressure on the gas block. Just to make sure it was 100% floated we swapped the block out for a thinner one and man did it help. It shot most factory loads 3/4" or less. I ran some 53 gr vmax hand loads I had for my 223 bolt and it ran them at about 1/2". Overall I am pretty dang pleased. Should be a coyote killin rig!

Back