Wack and Stack

Yellowhammer

Staff member
Went over to do a little work at the lease, check camaras and get stands ready for opening day of bow season Saturday.

I decided to go early and sit in my stand to shoot a hog. At first light I heard another hunter shoot from his stand, and I just barely could make out some hogs moving under the feeder. But they moved into the brush before I had good shooting light.

Turns out they were just laying there waiting for the feeder to go off, because before the corn had quit falling they were on it. There was a sow and 6 choats. I picked out the sow and dropped here and they scattered, but in a few seconds they milled back out, and I droped another, and then another. About 30 seconds later another stopped in the lane, and I either missed or wounded as it ran off. Then the 5th on came across and stopped and he didn't leave. 4 out of 7 isn't too bad. I pulled the hams and back straps from all but the red boar, threw them on ice and finished my rat killing.

37226584116_024fd29af6_c.jpg

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...101#Post3055101

1689.gif

Nice Sean ! No shortage of pan sausage at your place. Maybe, just maybe I might get to make it down that way some day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Yellowhammer I pulled the hams and back straps from all but the red boar, threw them on ice and finished my rat killing.

37226584116_024fd29af6_c.jpg

I'm curious. but why not the red boar??
Still using the 223??

Excellent job of thinning the heard.. Good on you
thumbup.gif

.223 Black Hills 60 grain v-max, no suppressor. If the Hearing Protection Act goes thru and they get rid of the stamp and all the red tape I will probably get one.

Back