Bushnell Thropy Xtreme X30

pyscodog

I bought one of these to go on the new Sendero 25-06. Its 4x16x44 and has the DOA 600 reticle. Its not what some will consider "high end", actually modestly priced at $300. Reviews were good from what I read. Any of you folks use them? Seems like a pretty decent scope for the money. Side focus, 30mm tube and fast focus eye piece, rain guard coating on the glass and a life time warranty. About all my meager budget would allow for the time being.

I've got the 2.5-10 on my 308 with the DOA-600 reticle, love it.

It's about what I expected for the money, glass quality is good. One of the better reticles for a cheaper second focal plane scope.

My gunsmith has one and likes it. All the reviews I read said it was a pretty solid scope for the money. Clear glass and adjustments were pretty much spot on.

I have two of them, a 2.5x10 on a savage trophy 6.5cm and a 4x16 on a savage fcp-sr 6.5cm and like them a lot, both are the 600doa. They are a great improvement over the standard bushnell trophy xlt and as pointed out don't break the bank.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI bought one of these to go on the new Sendero 25-06. Its 4x16x44 and has the DOA 600 reticle. Its not what some will consider "high end", actually modestly priced at $300. Reviews were good from what I read. Any of you folks use them? Seems like a pretty decent scope for the money. Side focus, 30mm tube and fast focus eye piece, rain guard coating on the glass and a life time warranty. About all my meager budget would allow for the time being.

Sorry for bringing to life an old post but I’m just curious how this scope is doing for you. I just bought the same scope for $170 and was searching the forum for info on it. How’s the second focal plane working for you? I’m not to familiar with second focal plane scopes and was wondering what kind of tips and advice one has for me. Thanks.

Last edited:
Its a great little budget scope. No complaints at all. Everything seems to be working as it should. Maybe your confusing 1st focal plane and second. Most scopes are second focal plane, reticle doesn't change in size as the power goes up or down. Unless I'm wrong and yours is different from mine.

That’s good to hear. Well mine is a second focal plane, I’m not to familiar with the second focal plane scopes I guess and that’s why I’m asking. I’m more familiar with the first focal plane scopes that the reticle gets smaller or larger as you power up and down which allows the mil dot or doa or whatever the reticle is, for the measurements to stay the same. Were as the second focal plane scopes changes the measures as its zoomed in and out and the reticle measurements aren’t accurate at certain zoom powers like they are in a first focal plane scope. I think that’s how it is.

Last edited:
Back