If I were the devil

At least I have a lamp.

I am growing tired of your repeated harping.
I guess you think you are making a point but really you are just boring.
You just keep circling around repeating the same old stuff over and over.

Nobody can talk about anything anymore without you popping in with your garbage.
Everybody knows how smart you are.
You told us remember.
Give it a rest.

To tell the truth your just pitiful.
Get some help.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistAt least I have a lamp.

I am growing tired of your repeated harping.
I guess you think you are making a point but really you are just boring.
You just keep circling around repeating the same old stuff over and over.

Nobody can talk about anything anymore without you popping in with your garbage.
Everybody knows how smart you are.
You told us remember.
Give it a rest.

To tell the truth your just pitiful.
Get some help.

tn,
you seem to get almost hostile sometimes when you are exposed to differing opinions.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistWell Swampy.
I don't have a clue what you meant to say.

Are you saying your God excepts all. He don't take anyone?

Are you saying after all you do believe.

It would be great if you could entertain that possibility.

Believing has nothing to do with reality, when not supported by fact. I have my own opinions on the idea of God. "He" or rather it, is nothing like yours. I have humbled myself enough to know that there's a good chance I'm wrong, as More brilliant minds then mine have arrived at differing opinions. therefore, I will not create a new one by writing about it.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: seeknulfindQuote:you were caught editing the information in a post in the middle of a discussion Caught? Like I was doing something wrong? Okay, right. Got it.

God bless you

I'm sorry you didn't like my choice of words, but I thought "caught" sounded better than "busted" or "exposed".

FW,

As often as you miss the point, maybe it is time to have your vision checked? I'll let you in on a little "secret"... shhhhhh - I change LOTS of posts! Oooooooh! Yep. There it is for everyone to see. Sometimes I change a word, sometimes I change the entire post. SOME times - I decide to forego posting at all! Oh dear.

The POINT is: changing a past is allowed.

P.S. Apology accepted but in this case unnecessary.

God bless

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOne does not need faith to have trust. In my world trust is earned , period !

If you trust someone that doesn't follow through, can you still have faith they will do as they claim they will in the future?

It also takes faith, to grow trust. Otherwise how do you come to trust them? (just saying that they are interlocked)

Originally Posted By: swampwalker

Believing has nothing to do with reality, when not supported by fact.

I have my own opinions on the idea of God. "He" or rather it, is nothing like yours. I have humbled myself enough to know that there's a good chance I'm wrong, as More brilliant minds then mine have arrived at differing opinions. therefore, I will not create a new one by writing about it.

Facts are funny things. Your hard facts may support your belief's, but your facts could be full of flaws.

as an example,
Look at those that claim the "Facts" are in, the discussion is over, yet are eating crow today when they have to realize their Global warming facts are just flawed hopes, and not facts after all.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/...-faulty-models/

But, hey you claim that "your GOD" is nothing like each of ours. How do you know that? How do you know that your God is different than anyone else? has that Deity told you that? How is that humble to assume that your God is only your God. That is still self aggrandizing, not humility if you stop and reflect on what you are saying.

The idea that your God is different than the Christian God and Muslim God assumes that there are more than one God out there. But, if you think about the concept of God and what that would really mean, then why wouldn't God be the one, and the same, for all religions? Why wouldn't the Deity that can create the universe, All that is, be unable of being the same Deity only called something different by Men that by definition wouldn't be able to understand?

Of course i am not asking you to respond to the questions, just something to ponder. As i have said before, there are many paths to the top of a mountain, not everyone has to follow that same path to reach the place they wish to go.

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerYou did catch the "there's a good chance I'm wrong bit didn't you?" A statement that my beliefs give me the luxury to make..

Yep, I did.
thumbup1.gif

I googled....

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZ
there are many paths

Uhhhhhhhhh....Nope.
Only one..

First hit ......

http://www.christianitytoday.com/biblestudies/articles/theology/071205.html

Are There Many Paths to God?
There is only one way to heaven, and that is through Jesus Christ.
by Lee Strobel

Many paths, or one?
Seems like nothing's for sure after all.

All these quotes make me want to spin my head. fW knows far more scripture than I could ever memorize, I find it comforting to be able to see past other people's conceptions of God. From what I have seen in my short time on this planet, is that God does not make too hard of terms to those who seek him. The realm of the spirit is wide, limitless and all inclusive, never forbidding to those who honestly seek him. It is open to all.

Here is a quote;

Originally Posted By: Mick Jagger *Sympathy for the DevilPlease allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul to waste...

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made dam sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate...

I stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain...

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank...

I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made...

I shouted out,
Who killed the Kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me...

Let me please introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached Bombay...

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint...

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
(Woo woo)
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, mm yeah...

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOne does not need faith to have trust. In my world trust is earned , period !

If you trust someone that doesn't follow through, can you still have faith they will do as they claim they will in the future?

It also takes faith, to grow trust. Otherwise how do you come to trust them? (just saying that they are interlocked)

Sorry I should clarify....
While faith and trust can be used one in the same,I was referring to faith as in religions and or god/s.

Sometimes what I think and what I type don't come across the same.

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762All these quotes make me want to spin my head. fW knows far more scripture than I could ever memorize, I find it comforting to be able to see past other people's conceptions of God. From what I have seen in my short time on this planet, is that God does not make too hard of terms to those who seek him. The realm of the spirit is wide, limitless and all inclusive, never forbidding to those who honestly seek him. It is open to all.

Jeremy,
I am very much inclined to agree with you----unless the God of Abraham actually exists.
That god has very specific terms and conditions:

Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Exodus 34:14
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

If that god exists, and I see no reason to believe that it does, all of the other "paths" and spirituality are false gods and idolatry.

I prefer to see it your way, but if you'll go back and read the link I posted you'll see that the doctrine of Christianity would not allow us that option, and I see that as extremism.

I don't believe in extremism, nor do I believe in the doctrine.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/biblestudies/articles/theology/071205.html

That's always been my favorite Stones song.
Slim did it justice too!!

thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: FW707If that god exists, and I see no reason to believe that it does, all of the other "paths" and spirituality are false gods and idolatry.

From the beginning of the Bible in Genesis to the end of times in Revelation, God refers to Himself as "us" or "our" and thus describes the doctrine of the Trinity. The word trinity comes from "tri" meaning three and "unity" meaning one. God is three distinct individuals - God the Father, the Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit - in one true God.

Originally Posted By: infidel 762From what I have seen in my short time on this planet, is that God does not make too hard of terms to those who seek him. The realm of the spirit is wide, limitless and all inclusive, never forbidding to those who honestly seek him. It is open to all.

I agree and would like to add that God does not come to us. We must seek Him for ourselves. When we do, we will find Him. All of our sins can be forgiven. However, there is one sin that is never forgiven and that is not believing Jesus is the son of God.

I don't agree with Fursniper. Using the Bible as a document of authority to defend your religion is the same lame tactic that the Muslims use with the Koran. The defense arguement usually starts with something like "In the beginning".

Text that disturbed goat herders wrote 2,000 years ago should hardly be seen as fact.

“See now, I have two daughters who have not known a man; please, let me bring them out to you, and you may do to them as you wish; only do nothing to these men, since this is the reason they have come under the shadow of my roof.”

"But if the thing is true, and evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has done a disgraceful thing in Israel, to play the harlot in her father’s house. So you shall put away the evil from among you."

These were sick, sick people folks. This is not to hard to figure out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tnshootistAnd then there is the woman at the well.
Would you tell us about that Swampy.

that was jill. she went up the hill with jack to fetch a pail of water.

Originally Posted By: FursniperGod is three distinct individuals - God the Father, the Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit - in one true God.

Do you have any actual evidence to support the existence of the Trinity, outside of the imagination of those who believe it?
Using your book to prove your book isn't too convincing.

Originally Posted By: Fursniper
I agree and would like to add that God does not come to us. We must seek Him for ourselves.

That sounds good----
until you throw in the doctrine of election/predestination.....

Romans 8:29-30King James Version (KJV)

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Ephesians 1:5,11King James Version (KJV)

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

"The most common objection to the doctrine of predestination is that it is unfair. Why would God choose certain individuals and not others? The important thing to remember is that no one deserves to be saved. We have all sinned (Romans 3:23), and are all worthy of eternal punishment (Romans 6:23). As a result, God would be perfectly just in allowing all of us to spend eternity in he11. However, God chooses to save some of us. He is not being unfair to those who are not chosen, because they are receiving what they deserve. God’s choosing to be gracious to some is not unfair to the others. No one deserves anything from God; therefore, no one can object if he does not receive anything from God."

https://www.gotquestions.org/predestination.html

Originally Posted By: tnshootistAnd then there is the woman at the well.
Would you tell us about that Swampy.

I'm having writers block, but managed the introduction.
so once upon a time a long, long time ago in a very deranged part of the world, where people beat slaves, pimped their daughters out and senselessly slaughtered farm animals for their God..

Back