Thermal on a bolt gun

Catdog1

I currently have the ATN Thor HD. I bought a Picatinny base to mount it on my Remington 700 and the mount is too low the bolt won't lift because it hits the scope. Is anyone having any luck using their thermals on a bolt action or is mainly everybody using them on AR's?

Last edited:
I used my Pulsar Apex XD50A on a Savage left hand model 11 and had to grind a little off the bolt knob to clear. It would have cleared okay for a right hand rifle. I also shot it on a Ruger American Predator right-hand and didn't have any problems at all.

Okay thank you that might be what I have to look into is just switching over to the Ruger American predator although I think the Pulsar mounts a little bit higher than that ATN

What mount are you running on your ATN? Contact ZRO Delta they manufacture a DLOC mount for a lot of thermals and it elevates them a bit more than what comes standard on them.

Originally Posted By: skinneyWhat mount are you running on your ATN? Contact ZRO Delta they manufacture a DLOC mount for a lot of thermals and it elevates them a bit more than what comes standard on them. I'm just running the standard Mount that come with it from the factory I'll give them a call and see if they've got something that will work thank you for the help.

Back