73 gr. ELD-M Terminal Ballistics?

I shot one last winter that got away. I'm thinking it was more of bad shot placement. After I tracked him the blood marks were about 18" high in the standing grass. I'm thinking I hit him below the spine behind the vitals. Out of my 16" 7 twst AR I can't get consistant groups. So I went back to the Nos. 77 CC's.

I'll be interested to hear experiences as well. I've been shooting 73 ELD-M's and 77 SMK's in a new 1:8" BHW 20" rifle, accuracy is very good at 600yrds, so I'm hoping they do well on game. I didn't build the rifle for that, and didn't start shooting either bullet for that, but it'd be pretty nice to have the option.

I haven't gotten to shoot a Coyote with them yet but they do work good on deer.. Killed a 140# doe at 652 yards with the 73gr out of a 223 20" 8 Twist. It hit high in the shoulder and she made it about 25 yards and collapsed. I don't have any carnage pics though
frown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanI haven't gotten to shoot a Coyote with them yet but they do work good on deer.. Killed a 140# doe at 652 yards with the 73gr out of a 223 20" 8 Twist. It hit high in the shoulder and she made it about 25 yards and collapsed. I don't have any carnage pics though
frown.gif

did it exit? or stay inside?

Back