FYI: Savage FV $100 Rebate Again!

deathwind II

Cabela's M12 special: 26" heavy barrel, plastic non-Accustock but Accutrigger, jeweled bolt; most are shooters (my .22-250 is).
Rumor has it Cabela's is eating a $100 screw-up on top of this, possibly making these rifles $219.!!
Note: this may be a straight 100 buck markdown. I belive the extra $ comes from a rebate that wasn't intended to cover this model, but Savage or Cabela's grudgingly are. More info can be found in a post on the Savage Shooters site.

Last edited:
Bought one of these in .223 this past spring for around $290 after it was marked down $100 and a Cabela's bucks flyer coupon. I thought I was getting a deal at that price but for $219, that's straight awesome. Mine is a tack driver. The stock is CRAP, but for $219, you can buy a nice aftermarket and still be into it less than $500. Pretty good bargain in my book.

My brother and a buddy of ours just picked up a couple of Savages in 6.5 Creedmoor. Paid ~$340 after taxes at Cabelas. Plus they will be getting the $100 rebate from Savage. If I had room in my safe or didn't order a CZ 455 in .22 I would have gotten one also. Kind of hard to pass up on a deal like that.

Had I not just bought a CZ 527 in .17 Hornet, I'd be buying another one of these as we speak to simply use the action and barrel for a build.

Dad and I are looking at getting a couple, but looks like everything's on backorder now. Looks like rebate and pricing should still apply thru Wed, 9/20. I'm calling down tomorrow for details.

Just bought 2 last week for $319 each. One in 6.5 Creedmoor and one in 204 Ruger. Looked up the rebate and saw that it does not apply to this model. Are some saying that it does?

According to this thread on the SavageShooter's web site, it most certainly does apply although it seems as though it maybe wasn't originally intended to apply:

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?46164-Cabela-s-Savage-12FV-THREAD-FEST/page24

I'd say take advantage of it now if you've been thinking about picking one of these up. Probably never find a better price than now.

One other thing worth mentioning from that SavageShooter's thread, as this was news to me. Apparently you can buy discounted Cabela's gift cards through web sites like GiftCardGranny.com. Just another way to make this rifle an even better deal.

Last edited:
Called the Hamburg, PA Cabelas store - guy in firearms dept. says the rebate offer is a misprint in their advertising for the $319.99 sale on Savage Model 12 FV rifles, and the rebate therefore does not apply to the 12 FV. Even though Cabela's ad shows the rebate applying, Savage's actual rebate ad doesn't on the 12 FV. The rebate does apply to other guns, and there is a $50 rebate going for certain guns too. SO, I called Cabelas Customer Service at the Hamburg store (just to see if the story changed with other people), and was given the Firearms Dept manager's number personally for an answer. I have left a message for him, and will update when I get a response. My understanding from a fellow I know that works there is that the sale on the 12 FV's goes thru tomorrow, 9/20.

Interesting. You'd think they'd have to honor it if it's on Cabela's web site, but I've heard these 3rd party companies that handle rebates for manufacturers are actually paid more on the number of rebate requests they can decline for one reason or another. May just be hearsay.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnoti would think rather than calling a cabelas store one should be calling savage to clear it up?

Perhaps thats a good idea. Since their ad says no, and it's Cabelas ad that says yes, I'd guess Savage may say no.....and there's another company that handles the rebates.......soooo.....

No return call from the manager today.

The Savage rebate form clearly states the 12 FCV......not the 12 FV. Cabelas has clearly posted the rebate banner on their web page for the 12 FV even though the rebate form doesn't list that model. Looks like it's Cabela's mistake, not Savage's. A guy over on the Savage shooters forum stated that he asked at the store and said he was told it would be honored. Another said that they printed out a rebate slip with his receipt. Yet another said that he called the center that is processing the rebates, and was told by them that it would be honored. It would be great if it is but I can't see how it would be. This happened once before, but at that time the rebate form stated "Any Model 12" which I'm sure they did not mean to include the already low priced, Cabelas exclusive, Model 12 fv. I bought one in 22-250 and they did honor my rebate.

I'm just surprised that Cabelas has at least NOT changed their online ad!?!?! And I will say that the $320 for an 12 FV is already a VERY good price for the buyer as is.

Originally Posted By: Mike BI'm just surprised that Cabelas has at least NOT changed their online ad!?!?! And I will say that the $320 for an 12 FV is already a VERY good price for the buyer as is.
Yes Mike that is a bargain with rebate or not, if your needing a rifle. In perspective, that price might buy you the bottom metal for a custom built rifle. Don't think on it to hard!

I back ordered one last night in 204. I talked to two different cabelas about the rebate and they said even though it is not listed, they will honor it. One of the guys I talked to personally bought 3 and said the rebate will work. If it does work, I will have about $220 off including my cabelas points so id say a heavy barrel savage for under $140 after tax won't be too bad.

Back