Time out from the pre-school playground!!

Originally Posted By: semo97There was a Houston counsel man on the local TV last week and he was saying do not give to the Red Cross. They had 25 million and Houston hasn't seen any of it. Beware who you donate to.

Yep, that happens every time with the Red Cross.. They give a decent percentage from all natural disasters to the international fund, and I have seen them in action in Afghan. They are as leftist as i have found. They had a lot of demands for how to treat terrorists. (they were demanding that they be treated better than the USA troops)

I would personally never give the red cross a penny or blood.

I have been giving to Samaritan's Purse.
below is a review of their org.
https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4423

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZOriginally Posted By: semo97There was a Houston counsel man on the local TV last week and he was saying do not give to the Red Cross. They had 25 million and Houston hasn't seen any of it. Beware who you donate to.

Yep, that happens every time with the Red Cross.. They give a decent percentage from all natural disasters to the international fund, and I have seen them in action in Afghan. They are as leftist as i have found. They had a lot of demands for how to treat terrorists. (they were demanding that they be treated better than the USA troops)

Thanks semo & Tbone. I became suspicious of the Red Cross when fw recommended it as a secular (godless) organization.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ADKOriginally Posted By: Tbone-AZOriginally Posted By: semo97There was a Houston counsel man on the local TV last week and he was saying do not give to the Red Cross. They had 25 million and Houston hasn't seen any of it. Beware who you donate to.

Thanks semo & Tbone. I became suspicious of the Red Cross when fw recommended it as a secular (godless) organization.
smile.gif

ADK,
I apologize.

I only recommended a godless charitable organization after you confessed your godless spiritual condition.

I don't think donating to a Christian charitable organization such as Samaritan's Purse will change your godless status, any more than donating to the godless Red Cross will change hm1996's status.

I'm sure Franklin Graham will be glad to take your money, but I don't think it will change his position on the worthlessness of your prayers.

And somebody needs to get to WalMart and tell them about the scoundrels at the Red Cross ASAP!!!

https://www.redcross.org/donate/cm/walmart

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ADK

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZ

smile.gif

NP, it's really hard to stay up on what Charities are doing what you think they should be doing vs. just being another PAC or personal piggy bank. (clinton's)

I have been going to that website and looking up charities for a while and before anyone donates, just check to see if that charity is one that you support when you see how they spend the money.

I personally try not to give to anyone that isn't a 4, (best rating)
Samaritans purse, wounded warrior project.

I found that Red Cross (3 rating) uses disasters to raise money (mostly in the USA) and then uses some of it for that purpose and then sits on it and uses the rest elsewhere for other things around the world. Fine if that is what you are OK with, but if not, look for others.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: ADKOriginally Posted By: Tbone-AZOriginally Posted By: semo97There was a Houston counsel man on the local TV last week and he was saying do not give to the Red Cross. They had 25 million and Houston hasn't seen any of it. Beware who you donate to.

smile.gif

ADK,
I apologize.

I only recommended a godless charitable organization after you confessed your godless spiritual condition.

I don't think donating to a Christian charitable organization such as Samaritan's Purse will change your godless status, any more than donating to the godless Red Cross will change hm1996's status.

I'm sure Franklin Graham will be glad to take your money, but I don't think it will change his position on the worthlessness of your prayers.

And somebody needs to get to WalMart and tell them about the scoundrels at the Red Cross ASAP!!!

https://www.redcross.org/donate/cm/walmart

Well bless your little heart fw, I'll pray you don't blow a gasket.
tt1.gif

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223Psalm 14:1

Psalm 53:1

Romans 1:21-31

I guess you aren't going to answer any of my questions.

Just to let you know there are other opinions on Romans 1:23's "incorruptible God":

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Not everybody sees scripture as infallible, or even believable.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223Psalm 14:1

Just to let you know there are other opinions on Romans 1:23's "incorruptible God":

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

I wonder if Richard Dawkins matches the profile?? Yup he do!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ADKDang!! He was even born in Kenya.

haha, are you sure he doesn't have a birth announcement on file in some basement of a hospital in Hawaii?

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223Psalm 14:1

I thought I'd throw this back out again in its original form so the unsolicited posts wouldn't cause any confusion.
Answers or comments would be appreciated.

grin.gif

Back