A little Gen III fun for ya!

NGI_TOM

thumbup.gif

Awesome! Thats got me green with envy
grin.gif
Our night season starts a little over two months from now....come on November! Till then I will just keep watching your videos.

Originally Posted By: twhiteyNice video. Seems like Nightvision is being used less in the field with all the great thermal available.

Hmmm maybe, but NOTHING beats it for positive ID and resolution and the biggest reason you do not see more vids is the lack of recording ability or ease of doing it vs. thermals digital outputs.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: twhiteyNice video. Seems like Nightvision is being used less in the field with all the great thermal available.

Hmmm maybe, but NOTHING beats it for positive ID and resolution and the biggest reason you do not see more vids is the lack of recording ability or ease of doing it vs. thermals digital outputs.
smile.gif

So true! If NV scopes and monoculars had digital outputs for recording I bet you would see a lot more videos using them.

Copy that. Trying to get use to my Trail HP-50. Keeps scaring the heck out of me. Keep thinking I shot a dog. Especially on black hot which seems to work even better through the summer. ID with my Gen 3 is not problem.

Originally Posted By: cmlOriginally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: twhiteyNice video. Seems like Nightvision is being used less in the field with all the great thermal available.

smile.gif

So true! If NV scopes and monoculars had digital outputs for recording I bet you would see a lot more videos using them.
-
I consider it a BIG Plus+ with not having a NV scope that has absolute zero inboard options like, Vid., audio, picture in picture zoom, color pallet modes ...etc. . I don't need all that Fluff, and it does not add efficiency at all to what I am doing .
( Find it, See it, Shoot it ) . ( imho ).. Less is More and better, and all I want in pulling the trigger is Crisp focused NV image and the option of a little magnification if I choose . I got enough that I am juggling right now between running a Rifle, Calling, scanning, with doing it all at the same time .
Scan with Therm. Shoot with NV .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMIt's totally a preference thing!

That it is.....

Scan with thermal/shoot with NV
Scan with NV/shoot with thermal
Scan with thermal/shoot with thermal
Scan with NV/shoot with NV
Tastes great!
Less filling!
lol.gif

You find what works......eventually.

Back