A few doves

DesertRam

Director
Staff member
We missed the first few days of dove season in order to chase oryx, but the kids and my dad have had a hankering for some bird shooting. We hit a nearby pond for the first couple nights and managed to pick up a few, but nothing special. Tonight we tried a new place and we made out like bandits! The birds were flying in thick and the shooting was good. I squeaked out a limit, Dad got about half, and the boy even dropped a few. The youngest was along to help fetch and managed to pile up this "collection" of doves. Good times.

TroyPaulErik6Sep2017Doves-M.jpg

Anyone else out there getting any shooting in this fall?

Originally Posted By: GCCream cheese and jalapeño bacon wrapped dove poppers! Yumm....

Man that sounds good!!
tongue_smilie.gif

How about a quick browning in bacon grease and then finishing off in the oven covered with cream of mushroom soup in a casserole dish??

grin.gif

season opened 9/01/17 12 noon here in Pa. some birds flying high and fast. been cool and rain showers off and on. nothing to get excited about but congrats on your luck!

Looks like it was family fun all around. Nice work! I'm hoping to chase after doves for the first time next season. Too much going on this year.

I went out with my brother opening weekend. We shot a few but weren't in a good spot. Poppers sounds like the way to eat them. I'll have to tell the wife to get some jalapenos when she's in town.

Thanks for the comments fellas.

We trimmed the breasts off the bone, marinated them in Italian dressing for a few hours, then skewered them with bacon and onions. Toss those skewers on the grill along with some vegie-kabobs to go with and you have a might fine meal.

Back