Unethical?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Poppadopalis

Ladies and Gentlemen of Predator Masters,

I am not sure if this is the place to air out my concerns/frustrations/annoyance but, I would be very interested in your honest feedback.

Perhaps I am being too critical?

Approximately 5 years ago i met a gentleman on PM who seemed at the time shared my interest. We began a Coyote hunting relationship thinking it would evolve into a "partnership". Understand that the 7 years prior to that I had invested a substantial amount of time, effort and energy in securing permission to hunt numerous private ranches and build rapport with these Ranchers. I was happy to bring this individual along to hunt on these ranches with me. Despite during the 5 years we hunted together only two times was I taken to ranches he had secured. To make a very long story short, the relationship never turned into the partnership and close to a year ago I ended things altogether There were numerous conversations as well as not so subtle hints, to no avail. So imagine my surprise to learn this individual ( See below) has recently started contacting a ranch I secured asking if he could hunt there now. Out of ALL the tens of millions of acres in WY/CO/NE, he can't even be creative enough to seek out something different. He ONLY knows of these people BECAUSE of me. I was floored Friday evening when I stopped at a ranch with a 12pack of Ice Cold Budweiser in hand for a gentlemen whom I have cultivated a relationship with the past 5 years to be told this individual had recently "stopped by to chat about hunting there". Where does he get off? How many ranches did he visit? It is now my #1 priority to reach out to each and every ranch in CO/NE to remind these ranches who they have a relationship with. My current situation has changed such that I will now be able to hunt more often, imagine my frustration at the thought of having to compete for kills on land I secured?!?!

Let em' rip folks - Appreciate it as always!

I know that I would be very frustrated if somebody did that to me. I don't think it is at all unreasonable for you to share your thoughts and concerns with the landowners you currently work with. I would basically tell them exactly what you just told us.

It is unethical. But then these days, just about half the population is a bunch of morons that think the world owes them something.

I know of whom you are talking, I never cared to hunt with him. I am a person that does not get along with many, but perhaps it is because I have a low tolerance for B.S.

Do what you need to do to inform land owners of him. You are an ethical hunter and have worked to get where you are, don't let him creep in and ruin that!

Never give up a good hunting spot. Honor is imaginary to most.
I also have a horror story from here that transferred to another out of stater from here that tried to haunt me electronically.
How petty and childish grown men will get over gaining your hunting spot is utterly mindblowing.
I still retain old partners hunting areas as a secret, even though I have not hunted with them for several years.
Another of lifes lessons.

Dang it that is B.S! Completely unethical and sad to see. I hope you don't lose any land him Mr. P! I believe most ranchers will see through what is going on. Good luck!

That sucks......

As an old guy, it pi$$#@ me off when someone does stuff like that. I am pretty open with my lands with several of my buds as are they with me. We never go on each others country without the lead guy being there.

I am not sure if this is the younger crowd or not...... either way it sucks

That sucks. Would you mind sharing the name of the scoundrel that is slithering in on your hunting areas? You might try to give him a little payback. Maybe next time he goes out there take 2 tires off his truck. Or take the drive shaft. I'm sure you can get creative.

Mr. P-Thanks for the heads up. And thanks for the reminder to pick hunting partners very carefully. Some people can't be trusted. So sad. I would be pissed. That's a big no no where I come from. You never low crawl a hunting partner. And if someone takes you to 'their' territory, you better never go back there uninvited.

At a minimum, I would give him a piece of my mind. Additionally, I would reach out to all the landowners again and ensure their good graces (advise them of who is actually in your hunting party). I would hate for him to show up to one of your areas, screw something up and you get the blame.

Some peoples lack of ethics/morals is sooo disappointing.

wow. what a downer. sorry about your luck
frown.gif

That sucks Mr. P, hope the fleas of 1000 mangy coyotes infest his armpits and he stubs his toe every morning......

I also had a falling out with a longtime hunting partner, we are civil and chat at fishing tourneys and when we see each other. But I know where he hunts and I stay west of there, coyotes are have more white in my AO anyhow.

But I give him his space and he has plenty of country to himself.

That would make me very angry also. It actually does make me angry because I love to meet new people who are like minded and have fun. I don't have very much land to offer anyone, it's usually already taken. So when people have this experience they're reluctant to get together which of course affects my quality of life and enjoyment.

Story's like this make me very careful who i take hunting. I would just tell the landowners whats going on they should be understanding

It just boggles my mind when I hear stories like this. Some people have no couth, and apparently you found one of them.

Originally Posted By: Willy BrotzThat sucks. Would you mind sharing the name of the scoundrel that is slithering in on your hunting areas? You might try to give him a little payback. Maybe next time he goes out there take 2 tires off his truck. Or take the drive shaft. I'm sure you can get creative.

And what would that accomplish? Be the better man. Contact the landowners, contact the person via email or text and let him know you are disappointed in him and will no longer be hunting with him, call it a loss and move on.

Just yesterday after church talking with a gentleman about a different subject but we both are old enough to remember here in ND, especially in the farming communities a mans word was his bond, you did not need a contract, a handshake was good enough but no more, times have changed and people with it, sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back