Anyone ever had trouble switching suppressor between rifles ?

Ronnies

I have a custom 243ai and when he built it he threaded the brl for me.
Well I picked a bushmaster and had him thread that one as well.
I never shot the ar much but every time I switched the suppressor
It was on.
I now have a custom uppper and had another guy thread it.
When I take it he suppressor off it and put it back on the gun had a poi
I only have one suppressor
But I mainly hunt with those two rifles.
Anybody got any ideas to keep me from sighting in there one rifle every time I switch ?

Test the rifles both suppressed and unsuppressed to see if there is a POI change, how much that change is and if it's repeatable

Very likely to get a POI shift with different rifles/uppers/barrel combinations. They are supported/profiled differently. The barrels are also probably manufactured from slightly different materials, etc...

There is no magic formula for not having to adjust. It's a lot like when you run different ammunition, different day, weather, etc...

Originally Posted By: Ronnies
I only have one suppressor
But I mainly hunt with those two rifles.
Anybody got any ideas to keep me from sighting in there one rifle every time I switch ?

If you want a sure fire way to fix this, get another can, thread it on the rifle sight it in with the can on, and leave it. Now you have two rifles zero'd ready to rock suppressed, with NO POI shift.

And if the poi shift is repeatable, just sight both rifles with the can on and don't shoot them without the can on. I do this a lot. I swap 1 can between 4 different rifles. I just sight in the rifles with the can on and just never shoot them without it on.

I agree 100%
My problem is all was fine till just about a week ago.
If I bought one today it would be almost a year before I got and that would leave me
Stuck with one suppressor this year.
I think I'm gonna try making marks and seeing if it's the same or even close.

I have 2 cans that I switch between multiple rifles. I have sight in specs for each can for each rifle noted and marked on the turrets. None of them are shot unsupressed so no issues there.

I have 5 rifles and 1 silencer I just zeroed all with the silencer on the gun. they work fine also they all shot better with the silencer directly screwed on the barrel.

I have 2 Silencerco Omega suppressors that I use on a handful of rifles. When they were new they could be used on any rifle at any time and POI was the same with each suppressor. Now after many thousands of rounds through them, one of them weighs over 4 ounces more than the other, and they are no longer interchangeable. Accuracy was not affected, but the POI is quite different between the 2 cans. 4 ounces is a roughly 25% of the cans original weight so that is a pretty substantial extra bit of weight to hang on the end of a barrel. I do miss the interchangeability, but they both still work well on the rifles they are sighted in for. Now I just have to find a way to keep them strait.

Originally Posted By: Dirty HippieI have 2 Silencerco Omega suppressors that I use on a handful of rifles. When they were new they could be used on any rifle at any time and POI was the same with each suppressor. Now after many thousands of rounds through them, one of them weighs over 4 ounces more than the other, and they are no longer interchangeable. Accuracy was not affected, but the POI is quite different between the 2 cans. 4 ounces is a roughly 25% of the cans original weight so that is a pretty substantial extra bit of weight to hang on the end of a barrel. I do miss the interchangeability, but they both still work well on the rifles they are sighted in for. Now I just have to find a way to keep them strait. you might consider segregating them according to serial number.

I keep my 2 Harvesters separated by the covers. I have one black and one camo. Black can for black rifles, camo for bolt guns. Works for my situation.
Bobby

If the can you have will accept a quick attach collet that attaches using a flash hider or muzzle break, it may help. The Omega cans that I have do not change the poi on my guns when I have a muzzle break and use the quick attach collet ring to attache the suppressor. Just a thought.

I read everything on this site for six months. I bought a Specwar 7,62.
Got my stamp in 5 months and I have shot it on everything, 308 to 22mag.
I want to thanks everyone here for help. You guys are the best.

I hear the Harvesters are good too.

Back