Time out from the pre-school playground!!

ADK

I'd like to take a serious moment to offer prayers for all the folks in Irma's path. May God protect all who are in harm's way.

Originally Posted By: ADKI'd like to take a serious moment to offer prayers for all the folks in Irma's path. May God protect all who are in harm's way.

Or you'd like to take a time out to take a jab at other members that may not have the same beliefs as you? Keep in mind that people that follow Christ are tolerant of others regardless of thier beliefs.

Mike

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerLet's see how well he does. So far he's killed at least 9 in the Caribbean islands.

Swampy, I'm disappointed in you! I think you are sincere in the atheist nonsense you preach. You can do better.
rolleyes.gif

Petition the lord with prayer?? You cannot petition the lord with prayer!! Looks like the death counts up to 14. Mostly innocent small children and old people

This storm is going to make land fall somewhere. Probably the tip of Florida and work its way up. There is very real potential for this storm to put the entire state of Florida in the dark for days and part of it for a month. I spent 37 days without power after hurricane Rita. It sucks. But we are all country folks and know how to make things work out.

Harvey made land fall in Rockport,Tx as a category 3. This is a town built on the Gulf Coast so most structures were built with hurricanes in mind. Even the school in Rockport was destroyed by the wind. You dont hear about the destruction down there because Houston and Beaumont have more people to rescue and thus a better story.

This is going to be bad for a whole bunch of innocent folks. If you pray, you should. If you dont, at least be hopeful. I hope that we all have the decency to not wish people harm from this. Like the Florida professor that said Texas deserved Harvey, be careful of what you wish on others.

I think that I would have liked it better if hillery would have won. At least we would all have something in common again.

Prayers sent from Texas.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Infidel 762I will pray for them. Confederate flags today, Christmas next

Yep, couldn't agree more..

I hope those there, got out of the way. I pray those with kids were protective of them, and left when they could.

Based on what's been happening to the others that have already been hit, this could really be bad for all, from the tip of Florida to Atlanta.

I really feel for those in this storms path, and hope they are not just going to wait for others to come rescue them.

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerPetition the lord with prayer?? You cannot petition the lord with prayer!! Looks like the death counts up to 14. Mostly innocent small children and old people

Nah, has nothing to do with or without God. That is simply natural selection and population control. If there was no God to design it that way, then nature simply did.

Just like quail populations after a spring and summer plagued by drought.

Once there was a flood.
A man was on his porch when a boat came by. He said the Lord will protect me.
The water rose. Another boat came by and asked the man,who was on his second floor to go with them. He said the lord will protect me.
The water still rose. The man was on the roof when a chopper hovered and said they would lift him out. The man said the Lord will protect me.
The man drowned.
When he met the Lord he said I had faith yet you let me drown.
The Lord said I sent you two boats and a chopper. What did you want?

To lose a life is heartbreaking. I am not aiming this at anyone because I don't know the circumstances. There is a whole world of things I don't understand.Maybe some could leave and some could not get away.Maybe some just didn't get in the boat.

I do know prayer is answered.
Just because we don't get the answer we want does not mean we were not heard.
Sometimes our mortal mind and human heart is not capable of understanding. That should not be surprising.
It seems to me that to think we should be able to understand everything the Lord might do would be arrogant.

I guess if you believe death is the end life would be scary.

The death of a child to me would be unbearable without faith .

I sometimes wonder if those who ridicule my faith would still do so if I could share with them the things I have seen and done or if like me they would come to believe there is more that will be understood in due time.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistOnce there was a flood.

I sometimes wonder if those who ridicule my faith would still do so if I could share with them the things I have seen and done or if like me they would come to believe there is more that will be understood in due time.

Yep,

There are things out there, things you can see and feel, Things that make it impossible to deny there is more that we don't understand.

I've had far too many prayers answered to have any doubts. I don't know how I could have handled the past few years without my faith in God.

I too have experienced the mercy of God in my life. But that in no way gives me the right to try to force my beliefs onto others or tell them that what they believe is wrong.

Some must be more blessed then others, as there were plenty of praying people who've had slow, gruesome, agonizing deaths. I guess God picks and chooses who he helps out. Either that, or having prayers answered is simply a case of being lucky or fortunate..

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerSome must be more blessed then others, as there were plenty of praying people who've had slow, gruesome, agonizing deaths. I guess God picks and chooses who he helps out. Either that, or having prayers answered is simply a case of being lucky or fortunate..

There are many things in this life that there are no answers for. That is the dilemma of man. We always want to try to find an answer or reasoning for everything. And that is what having faith is truly all about. Faith isn't about having things always go our way. It is more about trusting regardless of the outcome whether it works in favor of us or others or not.

Did you know that all but one of Jesus's disciples went on to experience very agonizing executions?

Last edited:
Well I can't force anything on anybody.
A person who tries to follow his understanding of faith has as much right to talk about it as anybody.
Non believers tell me I am wrong.
I don't think I am.

I don't think anything I might say will change anyone's mind now.You never know about down the road.
One thing I have seen.
The ones who were the strongest deniers sometimes make persons of unshakable faith.

I don't know why some suffer. It has always been that way though.I believe only one apostle died of old age.
Nobody said we would be able to understand everything in this life.
If we did keeping your faith would be easy wouldn't it.

I hope I can make it out of this world without to much trouble when my time comes. If I don't I hope I can match some of the examples of faith I have been witness to.
After all the suffering only lasts a short time compared to eternity though it may seem like forever..

A person can't pick out things to point at and declare that God does not care. God deals in eternities. What can we know when our life is like a campfire spark. That's why it is called faith I guess.

No one can force faith on anyone I don't think.Come to think of it I can't recall forcing anyone to think anything. Seems like I don't even know what they think unless they tell me.

Back