Truck bed glider. Which brand model ?

NDAR15MAN

Any one here own one of these truck bed gliders ? They are a tray or even drawer models that fit in your truck bed that you can pull out of truck bed to get items out of truck bed easier ? I have had knee replacement and just cannot get to the stuff I use to hunt and fish with. Just wondering what brand and model would be best ? I am not going to be able to install my self and will have to hire it done because of the knee trouble. Not sure if there is dealers for these items that also install. Let me know your thoughts. CAN ONLY AFFORD TO DO THIS ONCE. Ha ha. Thanks. Martyd

Last edited:
I've seen quite a few. Most of the ones I have seen are drawer units, not just a sliding platform. Two brands I've heard of are Bedslide and Cargoglide. I also know a couple guys that have made their own to save money. I have some 400 lb slides located that I'm going to use to build a small one just for my fridge to slide out the back of my Jeep one of these days.

Anyway... You shouldn't have much trouble finding several to choose from. They aren't uncommon. I'd try and find specs on the actual sliders they use, which are usually rated in pounds. Can't go too heavy in my opinion. Features like how easy it locks and unlocks matter too, I think - I know some of the cheaper ones don't lock real solid and can be a pain to deal with in the cold, for instance.

If a regular shop won't do the install, check into any offroad centric shops in your area. They deal with all kinds of custom installs all the time. And these things "should" be really easy to install if your truck bed is straight.

- DAA

Only seen amid used Ratpack for construction possesses to haul pipe and conduit fitting. Held a lot of weight and fairly weather resistant. Opened and closed without a ton of effort but not one finger easy either.

Marty
One thing you might consider is a pair of Aluminum Side-Mount Truck Boxes. I had them on a truck I traded in and found that I really liked them. I also had a FULL BED PULLOUT on another truck that I did not care for, craps gets in the tracks and pain when it was full of snow in truck. I think my side boxes were about 48" long, diamond plate and with a nice locking system, I could put in my shotgun so it was long enough. This saves your bed for other things you might want to haul. The side mount boxes are a lot less expensive than a full pull out.
I don;t remember the brand but Weatherguard comes to mine.

I do have a nice a nice camper shell on my truck now. it has the side pockets that I keep stuff in like pull chains , straps , small shovel , small tool boxes etc. I am still interested in the bed glider. The camper shell side pockets hang down on the inside of camper shell so I have 20 inches from truck bed floor to the bottom of the side pockets inside truck. So I have to allow for that but still think it would work good for my knee issues and I am pushing 60 years old now. Just cannot get to all my stuff I need to go hunting anymore. Keep the brand and model info coming. looking for help on buying one of these. Thanks. Martyd

Last edited:
NDAR, I have a shell on my truck also. Take a sheet of plywood or pressboard and screw a leather strap or nylon handle at the back edge. This is what I did. If you don't have too much weight you can easily pull it out and push it in.

Z.... That is a thought. I have some items that are kind if heavy and was thinking about slider. Not that strong anymore. Martyd

I like the look of the truck vault you listed. Drawers on bottom and can still put 4 wheeler on top or other items on top of drawers.i wonder if I could add another glide out tray on top of the drawers ? Martyd

Back