Savage striker 260 rem

So I stummbled across a savage striker in a 260 rem ...I don't know why but I have always wanted a striker ...Shot one once in a 22-250 and have been hooked ever since.I been trying to get one of these pistols but the prices are upwards of 650 around here and just never wanted to buy a gun for that much I wasnt really going to use very much for hunting purposes..So I wanted to challenge myself to shoot yotes with a pistol ..So the striker is a stainless barrel with adjustable brake on it ..It comes with a burris scope not sure on the model or power . so my question is what should I expect in a 260 Rem in this platform recoil wise,and factory ammo availability? Priced at $400 . Main use for this would be yotes and possibly mule deer . Would like to hear your thoughts on this ..Thanks...

Don't treat it like a rifle, treat it like a specialty pistol, you'll be fine. Coyotes, deer, mulies, you'll be fine. I have the same pistol in .243win and had one in 7-08. I almost bought a .260 striker back in March to split the difference.

Recoil isn't bad, most people are surprised how little they do recoil. Take a few shots and get yourself comfortable before you commit yourself to sliding up close behind a rifle scope on top. The synthetic stock on the Striker has a MASSIVE grip, I have big hands, and it still feels huge for me. Ammo for the .260 is readily available at LGS's and box stores, not common for Walmart.

If you don't buy it, I'd love to get the contact info, $400 for one is a steal!!

If you don't want it send me his name and number and I'd be real interested in it. I think you would like and enjoy it also. Pretty wicked caliber.

I have one in 7 08, only shot it a few times. It's fun. It's too heavy to be a pistol in anything besides barrel length.

My f.I.l. has one in 243, he loaned it to me when I had a head injury and couldn't shoot a long gun. Shot my biggest deer to date with it. Loud but a cool pistol.

Originally Posted By: sigprosI'd like to have one threaded with a can on it. Would be awesome for ground blind hunting

I have one, in 308 Win., and yes turning that loose in a box blind requires hearing protection! You will only shoot it once without hearing protection.
ohmy.gif

The factory 308 Win barrel is plenty accurate, but the recoil is violent, and the muzzle blast is impressive. For those reasons, I am trying to decide what chamber the new barrel will have, and it will be threaded for a can! That should help recoil as well. At the moment 260 Rem. is the front runner, but I keep thinking I should look consider something with milder recoil. I already have the can for it.

Squeeze

I can't wait to pick up this gun from him ..I said in my earlier post it had a Burris scope but after further review it has a leopuld scope M8-4x extended . Is anybody familiar with these scopes..And how far should I expect to shoot out to with this scope and gun combo...I looked it up as a pistol scope .

Originally Posted By: yotebuster10I can't wait to pick up this gun from him ..I said in my earlier post it had a Burris scope but after further review it has a leopuld scope M8-4x extended . Is anybody familiar with these scopes..And how far should I expect to shoot out to with this scope and gun combo...I looked it up as a pistol scope .

I bought an M8 4x way back in 1981. It has never failed in 36 years.
It has spent most of its life on rimfires so I can't help on the distance question.

Originally Posted By: sigprosI'd like to have one threaded with a can on it. Would be awesome for ground blind hunting

The stainless Strikers with the integral adjustable brakes are threaded. Open the ports, run a double pin wrench through the brake, and spin it off. Ready for whatever can you so choose.

A guy at the club today was shooting one in 300WSM. It had the brake on it. Says he can keep 4 inch groups at 300yds pretty easy.

Back