.17 REMINGTON AR BUILD

I have a 17 cal ar barrel that I haven't used in about 10 years. It's a 9 twist sleeved benchmark that Kevin ray hill did for me. I had him make me a switch barrel ar in 17 Remington and 204. I have just always kept the 204 on as I have 3 other 17's. I would make someone a good deal on it. I believe its 24"

I have a 17 Remington AR upper that I've been running for a few years now. Mine has a 20 inch match barrel which I feel is a good compromise between portability while not sacrificing too much velocity. I shoot win 760 with the 25gr berger hollow point. I'm sure there are other powders that might work a bit better for me, but that's just what I settled on. Have also used 25gr hornady with good success. The biggest problem I have had with it is that ARs are very hard on brass. 17 Rem brass is not always easy to come by unless you just buy factory and shoot it up. That said if I were to do it over again I would most likely go with a 17–223 just for ease of brass availability even though you have to format. Overall it's been an awesome gun and like previously stated they are really easy on for. I would also suggest an adjustable gas block because they are a bit over pressured. I found I had to bleed off quite a bit of gas for mine to cycle properly. Also if possible go with the a 1-9" twist.

Back