Labor 0f Love Day

Infidel 762

Staff member
As pastel sunsets bring us closer to the autumnal equinox, one can almost feel the approaching fall. Another year passes as we grow older in a literal sense. As we age we see things from new perspectives, we see things that have always been there.  Things we never took the time to notice, while others begin to see symbolism in the color and cycle of fall. The colors of fall are not new, they have always been there just drowned out by the density of other colors. With age we see that more will be revealed.

Labor Day weekend, went out for a couple stands before sunset. Sunday, racing the reaper to the crop, the winds slow as darkness approached. The sun and temperature dropped just like this healthy male I caught skirting the edge of field.

Monday saw 18 mph wind gusts. Again, it was not until dusk that the wind began to taper off. It was last light, when I had an older male circling out in the open, trying to get my wind.

The leaves get their green color from chlorophyll, (along with the sun) thru the magical process of photosynthesis. As daylight shortens the trees begin breaking down the chlorophyll, resulting in the loss of greens. In the absence of green we are now able to see the colors that have been there all along. Sultry gives way to twilight as nature’s cycles are mirrored in our daily lives.

Our mere humanity holds hidden colors.

1689.gif

Infidel 762:

nice going as usual. But, now you have me wondering..... what caliber is that gun and what bullet are you shooting. That second dog looks like one of my 270 kills..... "emptied out"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: huntschoolInfidel 762:
what caliber is that gun and what bullet are you shooting. That second dog looks like one of my 270 kills..... "emptied out"

223 40gr. VMax

Generally you have to reach a certain age range before realizing all that or care for that matter.
Unfortunately, I care.

Originally Posted By: tripod3Generally you have to reach a certain age range before realizing all that or care for that matter.
Unfortunately, I care.

Absolutely.

Very astute observations, Jeremy.

Regards,
hm

Back