60 grain hornady ?????

TimHoeck

tell me the pros and cons of using them for coyotes. gun is a rock river 20 varmint 1-8 twist. not sure the speed as battery went dead today

I'm partial to 60gr Nosler BT's but i'm sure you'd have similar results. Never had any pelt damage, been using them for a few years now.

I have shot a handful of coyotes with the 60 grain v-max bullets. They hit hard and put coyotes down. I don't save pelts but I like that bullet.

When I was shooting 60 vmax at 2900 or a bit under I was getting a lot of penetration. It was anchoring coyotes well until I had 2 that were gone when I got to where I saw them go down on a double one night. Now I shoot 55 bts out of a 22 Nosler at 3500 to 3550.

Last edited:
When I shoot my AR's (rock river as well) that's all I ever shoot is 60 gr vmax. I use them for everything from coyotes to Praire dogs. It is the same with any 223 round, they anchor them immediately if you hit them right. If you don't reload PM me and I can tell you the best place I've found to buy quality vmax bullets for a great price.

Back