What type of E-callers are you using?

LockJaw

Hello everyone. New member here and 1st post.

Im in the market for a new E-caller. And Im looking for some thoughts and opinions. I currently have an old Foxpro FX5 with a T200 remote. Its been a awesome caller and has filled all my needs. How ever in the past few seasons its been giving me a little trouble. Exp in cold weather ,the buttons on the remote don't work as good, whether Im changing the sounds or adjusting the volume. Ive talked with a buddies and they tell me how much they like my remote vs their newer Foxpro remotes. Ive been looking at other brands but can't find any reviews on them and everyone I know uses Foxpro. Ive been looking at LuckyDuck but don't know anyone who uses one.

So tell me about your caller
What type
How do you like it
How do the calls sounds ( real or from an 8 track tape )
Who has the best deals

thanks

Hello, LockJaw. I have 2 foxpro callers. The Inferno and the Shockwave. The remote controls for both work very well and have a great effective range. The remotes are not created equally though. Although they are both reliable, the buttons are quite different. The shockwave remote (tx1000) is much easier to use with gloved hands. Foxpro has come out with a new, very affordable caller this year. The Patriot. It has the same caller as the Inferno with a totally new remote. The buttons on the new remote are like the ones on the tx1000, great for gloved hands. I have no experience with the Patriot. It's so new that it hasn't hit the market yet. Check out the specs on Foxpro's website. Foxpro sounds are real animal distress. I'm very happy with both units that I own. Their customer service is awesome! As far as best deals go, I would look at the Foxpro Patriot or Hammerjack if I was looking to upgrade from an FX5. JMHO

Foxhound, Thank you

I did some snooping around on this site and found a post with a bunch of reviews about the LD caller.
Everyone seemed very pleased with it. With the only remarks being related to the remote and its buttons.

I love my Fusion, the remote is good and it has more features than I can use. But I also think there is some merit to using something different than everyone else has. Based on recommendations from friends and reviews here I think the LD will be my next one. If they upgrade the remote in the mean time that's all the better.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LockJawHello everyone. New member here and 1st post.

Im in the market for a new E-caller. And Im looking for some thoughts and opinions. I currently have an old Foxpro FX5 with a T200 remote. Its been a awesome caller and has filled all my needs. How ever in the past few seasons its been giving me a little trouble. Exp in cold weather ,the buttons on the remote don't work as good, whether Im changing the sounds or adjusting the volume. Ive talked with a buddies and they tell me how much they like my remote vs their newer Foxpro remotes. Ive been looking at other brands but can't find any reviews on them and everyone I know uses Foxpro. Ive been looking at LuckyDuck but don't know anyone who uses one.

So tell me about your caller
What type
How do you like it
How do the calls sounds ( real or from an 8 track tape )
Who has the best deals

thanks

I use a Shockwave that I won in the Predator Masters Egg Shoot. I like the multi-position speakers and the readily attachable decoy. Sound quality is quite good. I love the TX1000 remote, though I have to be careful with the FoxBang settings. It's quite a bit larger than the Fusion, which has most of the same features. I don't worry too much since I just strap it to my Mojo Critter Sitter and carry it on my back. I didn't like the relatively shiny green plastic case, so I painted with matte paint in a couple military camo colors.

I'd be really happy if I could find a vehicle charger for the rechargeable battery pack. I wish you could turn it on remotely so I didn't have to walk back out to the call at least once each outing.
smile.gif

Don't know about prices right now, but All Predator calls usually has good deals and will treat you right.

Started out with a FP Spitfire which I have had for a long time. Couple of years ago family got me a Icotek gc 500 and have been pleased with it. Most of my sounds are from the net.

Right now I have two Minaska M-1 Bandits(I like these for their compactness and relieabillity), a Minaska amp that I use with cassettes and CD's, a FP CS-24, a FP Crossfire(I like these two FP's because they have numerical keyboards on the remote and I can run them on AA batteries as I have no charging abillities out hunting). I also have a home made one but use it mostly to listen to books on tape or CD while in camp at night.

Find the one that suits your needs and roll with it. With a little work, you can expand the library to include any sound from any company. There are very few companies who actually produce their own sounds. Most are simply leased from WT and put on X or Y brand caller. They are selling ya the delivery system (caller), and some sound better than others. Sort of like the difference between car stereo systems.

Last edited:
I suggest that you figure out the type of calling that you are going to do. Look at all the calls and figure out which will be the one that supports that style.

Then save and spend once, cry once, and be happy.

The alternative is buying the call that you can afford, and then another, and another.

I tried several calls before buying. Ever since i have been using the same call for 8 years. It's not so expensive if you use it for year after year.
(this long term use plan should also influence your decision, because at some point all the calls will need attention. It's the customer service that keeps you happy with call you choose)

One thing you will have a hard time finding is unhappy Foxpro customers after needing repairs. I have only found a couple of people in a decade. (I think they are just unhappy people personally)

Good luck, it's a tough decision, and welcome.

I have a few Foxpros and that's what I stick with. I would also consider the Lucky Duck Revolution as the guy designing it is top notch and the sound library is sweet.
Another possibility would be the Flextone or Icotecs.
Mark

FP for me!! The lucky duck sound library is very nice but I'm not a fan of the remote at all. The best thing about the icotec calls is the [beeep] sounds. I can't stand the calls themselves. I'm a sucker for a really nice remote. You will hear a lot about sound libraries and such and that's a big selling point. A lot of people use the fact that tons of guys have fox pro calls as a selling point for another brand but they also have the largest library and use 24 bit files. I have used every call out these at one point or another an the high end foxpro calls cannot be beat

I know of a PHD scientist that tested the equipment and claims of quality, and was fired right after that article released.

24bit files are massive. The space you have on any call limits the ability to hold very many files.
Also if you open any of the calls and look at the circuit boards for yourself, follow the board layout and look at the parts, google them, and see if they are 24 bit capable.

Same for the speakers.

Not all marketing hype is accurate. You can still have a good product, but understanding technical limitations makes some claims hard to believe.

24-bit sound files are big--something like 100MB for a regular song, though FLAC compression can cut that down to something more manageable.
http://www.tested.com/tech/1905-the-real-differences-between-16-bit-and-24-bit-audio/

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZI know of a PHD scientist that tested the equipment and claims of quality, and was fired right after that article released.

what scientist? what tests? what claims? who fired who? what?

Completely understand how the sound files work and also understand that components can limit the quality. But none the less the sound files are not the limiting factor when it comes to foxpro. The biggest point I mentioned was the remote. There is nothing even close to the tx1000 out there right now. Add amazing customer service and the track record foxpro has and it's hard to compete with. I don't know of another company that you can walk into and watch them build a call from the ground up. I have owned WT calls, the primos calls, the icotec gc500, the lucky duck, three rivers, and flextones. I currently own 2, a shockwave and a ca24c. Animals can be called and killed with all of them. Those two worked best for my needs and I have learned that I can trust them to take my abuse. I have good friends that hunt over other calls and they do very well. To each his own and if something else works better for another hunter then more power to him/her. I don't trash other calls as there are some great products out there.

Originally Posted By: reaper4Completely understand how the sound files work and also understand that components can limit the quality. But none the less the sound files are not the limiting factor when it comes to foxpro. The biggest point I mentioned was the remote. There is nothing even close to the tx1000 out there right now. Add amazing customer service and the track record foxpro has and it's hard to compete with. I don't know of another company that you can walk into and watch them build a call from the ground up. I have owned WT calls, the primos calls, the icotec gc500, the lucky duck, three rivers, and flextones. I currently own 2, a shockwave and a ca24c. Animals can be called and killed with all of them. Those two worked best for my needs and I have learned that I can trust them to take my abuse. I have good friends that hunt over other calls and they do very well. To each his own and if something else works better for another hunter then more power to him/her. I don't trash other calls as there are some great products out there.

I'm not trying to trash other calls either, but like you mentioned in your post, no other remote comes even close to the TX1000! That was the driving force behind my purchase of the CS24C. Also, the sound quality is amazing and it's LOUD!

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Tbone-AZI know of a PHD scientist that tested the equipment and claims of quality, and was fired right after that article released.

It's a scientist with a PHD that took equipment and tested the quality and reported his claims and after the article was released he got fired and Tbone-AZ knew the guy.

Sheeeeeeew! Say that in one breath!

Originally Posted By: Bad DawgOriginally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Tbone-AZI know of a PHD scientist that tested the equipment and claims of quality, and was fired right after that article released.

It's a scientist with a PHD that took equipment and tested the quality and reported his claims and after the article was released he got fired and Tbone-AZ knew the guy.

Sheeeeeeew! Say that in one breath!

It wasn't a problem for Tbone.

lol.gif

Back