Killing Chairs.. bring your pics.

CenTexSlim

Allright guys, I've done a search as far back as I can & only find a small handful of pics & ideas on killing chairs for the 'ol truck. I'm going to put together a shooting stand/killing chair for the back of the truck & I want some more ideas. Lets see your handy work. The fruits of your labor & "off season" mods. Post your pics & add any comments or ideas. I know some of you have great set ups, so lets see 'em!

I made a nite hunting chair like Randys' except in GA you dont always have a level spot to park so I made the "mast angle" adjustable with chain and turnbuckles. My dad is a retired welder, He did all of the welding. I use a padded post to rest my gun against. I put the gunrack and post to the outside of the legs to be more comfortable and easy to get my gun/s. And it swaps to be RH or LH. Here are some pic's. I mounted a plastic container on the arm to hold the batteries etc. My Dad made an adapter to put the spot light on top of the post. I got a small level bubble on a keychain at Home-depot and put the bubble part on the chair bottom for leveling with the turn-buckles. I put a tie strap on the handle of my Foxpro to tie it to the light bracket; I want the coyote looking my way to see the eyes.

GAJoe
f4864bd2.jpg

c285fd6f.jpg

a9af3bce.jpg

151ae8b8.jpg

0204c731.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks GAJoe. I'd seen some pics you had put on here earlier. I like the set up, good info on the adjustments. I haven't started on my ideas yet, but basically it will be a 2 seater, side by side that you can slide in & out of any full size truck. My main concern right now is keeping it as light as possible will keeping it strong & durable.
So lets talk about the little things. What mod's & extras do you (anyone) put on their set up to trick it out & make it better? Like Joe had above, the battery trays, the spotlight set up, gun rack, etc..

CTS

Thanks for the complements guys! The adjustments are definately needed here. I took it over to a buddy's house to show him. I started getting in it without leveling and it gave me a ride to the low side.

Last edited:
Nice set-up indeed Joe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
I edited your post to keep it from spreading the screen. Didn't change anything, just spread the picture codes out a little bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here is a picture of my rig. The platform has two chairs. They each swivel 360 but not with both chairs on at the same time. With both chairs on they each turn 180. You each hunt independently of each other. You don't need anyone holding a light. I hunt all the time by myself. The shooting rest adjusts and so does the light bracket. These are all the pictures I have right now. Another thing I added on my jeep is the hook to carry animals on. this way there are no fleas in the jeep with me this way.
dwkhuntrig.jpg

dwkhunt5.jpg

dwkhunt11.jpg

dwkhunt8.jpg

Ya, those are cool,, but like furhunter said..Here in Minnesota shooting from a vehicle is a no-no.
I believe I got these on here somewhere, but I'll post my rigs again.

some of the guys and my "trailbench" in WY
100_1744.jpg

my son checking out the new chair
100_1833.jpg

Dave

HELL IS THE LIFE OF AN 'OTE THAT LIVES IN TEXAS!!!!!

Those "kill wagons" give me goose bumps and make me want to relocate.

Dang the Libs in my state!

Three 44s

onesonek,
I recognize Rich in the pic and another looks like Paul. I heard you guys sure had a good time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Yep It was a blast sparky. While that particular area wasn't heavily populated with PD's. I found myself switchin rigs often enough, too keep the barrels cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Dave

Great link txsleeper.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Salty, I like that set up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Man there are so many things a person can do. Alright salty, w/ the lights mounted on the front of the stand aren't you only limited to scanning about 180* to the front & sides? I see there's a scope mounted spot on the gun in the pic too. What types, sizes & guage of metal did you use on that?

CenTexSlim, You can use just about any gauge of metal.As long as it will hold your weight. And that of your fat buddies. You can only turn 180 with both chairs on and 360 with just one up there. The scope light is a Lightforce, would'nt hunt without one. The lightforce is used when you're ready to shoot. With this setup you dont need anyone else up there . You can do it all, all by yourself. But you better get good at marking a kill and fetching it also. Thanks Saltyvarmintr

Back