CZ 527 STOCK - BC OR HS PRECISION?

BCD 45

I'm wanting to buy a synthetic stock with an aluminum bedding block for my CZ 527 17Hornet. I've been looking at the BC & the HS Precision. The HS is about $100 more.
What's your opinion on these two stocks? Which one would you choose? Is one better quality and a better fit than the other?

Thank you for your opinions or any help,

Jim D
SE Texas

I've got quite a few HS Prec. stocks on different builds and there isn't a single one I don't like.

My guess is, you'll likely get a lot of answers like this with guys favoring both.

I've bought quite a few HS Prec. take offs and they always seem to sell for more than the BC stocks that look the same and seem to get snatched up quicker.

Have had some of each and still have a couple...prefer the HS stocks as I prefer the palm swell. But that's me and just my opinion or preference.

After my last go round with HS, in which I received a stock with blue bondo exposed in several places, a receiver inlet full of thick paint, webbed so heavily your could hardly see green, .150" proud to the left on the barrel channel, and .050" proud THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION on the bottom metal.......... all of which they said wasn't a problem..... I decided to buy BC if I ever need one.

WORST case of customer service I've ever seen, and took a while before they sent a refund.

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

Are the BC's for the CZ a 100% drop-in?

760, are you saying the BC stocks for the 527 don't have a palm swell?

Thanks,

Jim D
SE Texas

My only experience is with HS Precision and it was the only stock the barreled action has been in. I bought a used CZ550 Varmint Kevlar in .22-250. Their Kevlar line come from factory with an HS Precsion stock.

I'm guessing, and it's purely a guess, that because HS Precsion has made thousands of stocks intended for CZ actions that they may have the "drop in" down to a pretty good science. The palm swell is what I love about this stock.

I have no experience with B&C but him have never heard anything bad, I donsee a lot of their stocks for sale used, but a lot of people start there and work their way up to a McMillan or Manners.

Thanks CZ527,

I'm glad to know about the fit for CZ's. I've bought over a dozen BC"s and HS's for 700 Remington's.

All the HS's were true drop-in's and most BC's required a little Dremel Tool work.

I guess the HS stocks for a 527 are a little different.

Jim D-
SE Texas

I was counting several Remington 700s in there as well. The biggest problems have been crooked barrel channels and bedding blocks covered in paint. I guess I'm just unlucky. Most of the time, it's a relatively easy fix, but in two cases the stocks were junk, particularly the one I mentioned above.

Surely they don't just send all the bad ones my way.

Hello.

Anyone one else have the problems CZ527 has had with HS Precision stocks.
I'd appreciate any comment you have.

Jim D
SE Texas

I have a BC on my 527 varmint and it fit perfectly without any modifications on my end. I did bed the BC stock with Devcon but not because of poor fit, only with hopes of squeezing every ounce of accuracy out of the rifle. I've not used an HS on a 527 so I cannot compare between the two.

Back