Luepold vx6 vs nightforce nxs

So, would you buy a discontinued vx-6 with more magnification or buy the vx-5 with better coatings?

I'm in the market for one and both models I'm looking at are $100 with in each other being the vx-5 more expensive

Originally Posted By: seasleySo, would you buy a discontinued vx-6 with more magnification or buy the vx-5 with better coatings?

I'm in the market for one and both models I'm looking at are $100 with in each other being the vx-5 more expensive

I'd get the HD. Correction- getting the HD for sure.

But, for someone who has literally compared them side by side in the field.... the difference is almost impossible to see- at least mid day.

Just curious Guys. I have just purchased aVX3-I 4.5- 14 scope for a new build that's kinda at the top of my budget. Is this scope 50 or 60% of the VX-6 HD? Not trying to justify my purchase, just wanting to know differences for future plans. CZ let us know about your new Beanland build sometime. I like to know what you serious guys are after these days, such as calibers, actions, barrel twists, and stocks. Thanks.

Bighorn TL3
Manners EH3
Brux 5 @ 22"
APA Bottom metal
Jewel HVR
22x47 Lapua

that's the way a coyote rifle should be, in my opinion.

my buddy is building one alike in every way, except that it's a 22 Dasher.

CZ527,I had to read up on that 22x47L. That will be a really nice quick handling Thumper. I noticed that Beanland was using mostly Bighorn actions on his builds, are they a step above Defiance now? I am going to try the varmint hunter recticle on that 3i, hope I can make it work with heavies in .223REM.

It's just my opinion that the TL3 currently stands without an equal. There are a lot of good receivers out there now, including those from Defiance. I think it depends what you want. I like the floating bolt head on the Bighorns, as well as the straight bolt handle and the fact that it's a controlled round feed without having "the claw" on the side to collect dust.

Send me a PM if you have any more questions about the rifle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: el_cazador713Very much interested in this... been a Leupold guy forever but was considering a NF for the ultimate hunting and long range shooting scope.

Drop that glass of kool-aid right now! Lol. VX6 all the way.

I have both nightforce and just recently got my third vx6 and i think the glass is comparable but i really like the positive click feel of the nightforce turrets compared to the vx6s.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger and got a 2-12 VX6 HD

I can tell you straight up, there is a difference in the glass over a VX6

You can really see the difference at dusk, it is just better.

I have 2 VX6 scopes, a 1-6 and a 3-18, I did a side by side comparison between the two

I didn't know the VX6-HD came with lens caps, that makes it even a better buy

El cazador713, no I didn't compare the vx5 to the vx6

I was going to get vx5, but paid $200 more and got the vx6 had and glad I did

Like I said, the vx6 hd really shines at dusk, the sight picture is bright and clear

Back