Remington 700 Etronx

pyscodog

Whats everyones thoughts on these. I just seem to have a hard time cottoning up to an electronic rifle. I have seen a few for sale at local shows and now there is one on Accurate Shooter. Ya or Nay? My vote is nay. whats yours?

The solution to a problem that didn't exist....

IIRC....it was supposed to be about lock time....

Good luck finding ammo if you are stupid enough to buy one.

Originally Posted By: RePeteThe solution to a problem that didn't exist....

IIRC....it was supposed to be about lock time....

Good luck finding ammo if you are stupid enough to buy one.

No interest in one at all here. Looks to me like trouble just waiting to happen.
thumbdown.gif

Agreed.....maybe for an eccentric collector with more money than brains but I like guns that I can actually shoot so I wouldn't touch one with the twenty foot pole I touch my ten foot pole with.

I keep imagining the biggest buck of a lifetime comes in front of me and I get a "Dead Battery" warning. Thats my luck!! Big NOPE for me.

And that's what I used to say about cell phones........and my Pap prob said about wall phones...lol.....

I'll say this about them - try to find ammo and primers, and prices for them, for reloading before you get too excited about the gun.

Didnt somebody come up with a way to convert them back to "normal" ignition? Just change the bolt & trigger?

Last edited:
Here's One.
I swapped a $350 Scope for this 22/250 Etronx.
Swapped the Bolt for a .308 BF Bolt, Head Spaced checked Good, Tight.
Installed HS Stock , Jewel Trigger, Had Muzzle threaded for AWC Suppressor, Shoots Awesome for a Factory Rifle.
That's my Aquila 6x NV optic. Deadly Night Vision.
Coyotes , Hogs Don't have a chance.

33p8spy.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogIs that all you have to do to convert them to a normal rifle?

Bolt assembly and trigger.

Well, a stock too without a battery compartment.

Yes you can use the Etronx Stock. Just remove the Electric switch assembly with a Dremel, screw driver, pliers, what ever.
Back to the Bolt, Just be SURE you Head-Space correctly.
The Battery compartment is in the Butstock, just Remove the Battery.

There was a guy with two of them at a recent gun show but he wanted $1100each. Needless to say, he took them home. Seems if one could get one on the cheap, a bolt would be a good conversion and not that expensive. Even if you had to have it head spaced it might be worth it. If you got it cheap enough!!

I have one but I changed it to 308,still Etronx,the triggers are amazing. I change batteries every year,after all you are not shooting doves. Catman

I quit shooting guns that ran on batteries when my mom took me and my brothers Mattel machine guns away. That was sometime back in the 50's. IF IF IF I ever got one, it would get converted for sure.

Back