Velocity Triggers

shelton573

Anyone have experience with the Velocity drop-in triggers? I finally just started buying parts for putting together an AR and want to take my time and get the best deal I can on most of the parts. I have read about a lot of double fires but majority of the time people say it comes from not properly installing the trigger. Any info is much appreciated on this trigger or other affordable options. Thanks!

Best AR trigger for the money. I have not had a single problem with mine. Installation is super easy, so I don't know how it could get installed "incorrectly" to do double fires. I have the 3# Velocity and a friend of mine has the same installed in his AR without issues. Midsouth has decent prices on them.

Gene

I like mine. Teeny tiny bit of creep so little that i don't notice it when hunting, only when at the bench. from what I've read that is the same for basically all of the ar15 drop in units.

I have to agree with the others. Nice trigger for the $'s
Bought one when they first hit the market. That one probably has 600 ... 700 rounds on it without any problems. Picked up a couple more no problems with them also.

WC Armory has a good price on them plus free shipping and your choice of 3 different type pins

I have one on my ar and my cousin has one on his I would completely agree with all the other guys responds. Very comparable to Timney for a little less.

Thanks for all the info guys. The double fire issue I read about stemmed from some type of jam screw issue I believe. I ordered one from brownells. They are running a deal where you get free two day shipping and a parts kit for a lower for $149. Decent deal I think. If anybody needs one they are back in stock now I believe. Thanks again for the info and I'll let you all know how it works out

Originally Posted By: hehuntsI have to agree with the others. Nice trigger for the $'s
Bought one when they first hit the market. That one probably has 600 ... 700 rounds on it without any problems. Picked up a couple more no problems with them also.

WC Armory has a good price on them plus free shipping and your choice of 3 different type pins

They do have a dang good price on them!

Shelton, I bought each of my two sons a Velocity 3 lb. trigger for their AR'S (one a .223 and the other a 6.5 Grendel). They love them - reduced the pull by 4-5 lbs! Go for it.

Another happy customer here. I'll never buy another timney seeing as how the velocity has almost identical performance, half the price and a little easier install.

Originally Posted By: shelton573Thanks for all the info guys. The double fire issue I read about stemmed from some type of jam screw issue I believe. I ordered one from brownells. They are running a deal where you get free two day shipping and a parts kit for a lower for $149. Decent deal I think. If anybody needs one they are back in stock now I believe. Thanks again for the info and I'll let you all know how it works out

theres a couple issues that can cause problems for these cassette style trigger groups. most of which are realted to the fact that many many ar-15's are over gassed out of the box these days, intentionally, for reliability reasons. problem being once you get outside of mil spec trigger group configurations, it can manifest in strange ways.

these cassette style triggers are known to have trouble in overgassed guns. even timney's will have problems on overgassed guns. ive been told its a carrier speed issue.

i had to put a heavier buffer in my ar15 to slow the carrier speed down when shooting suppressed - even on a 20" rifle length gas system. i was getting really weird trigger resets (or more specifically failures to reset) on occasion. called timney about it because i'd never had the problem non suppressed and they said its a known issue under supersonic suppressed fire with lightweight (carbine) buffers and non adjustable gas blocks.

you can either dial the gas back with an AGB, or increase the reciprocating mass to slow the carrier speed.

went to a h2, problem solved. smooth as butter. problem solved for $15 worth of tungsten weights from amazon or fleabay (i forget which) and about 5 mins of my life to swap them out.

Originally Posted By: Plant.OneOriginally Posted By: shelton573Thanks for all the info guys. The double fire issue I read about stemmed from some type of jam screw issue I believe. I ordered one from brownells. They are running a deal where you get free two day shipping and a parts kit for a lower for $149. Decent deal I think. If anybody needs one they are back in stock now I believe. Thanks again for the info and I'll let you all know how it works out

theres a couple issues that can cause problems for these cassette style trigger groups. most of which are realted to the fact that many many ar-15's are over gassed out of the box these days, intentionally, for reliability reasons. problem being once you get outside of mil spec trigger group configurations, it can manifest in strange ways.

these cassette style triggers are known to have trouble in overgassed guns. even timney's will have problems on overgassed guns. ive been told its a carrier speed issue.

i had to put a heavier buffer in my ar15 to slow the carrier speed down when shooting suppressed - even on a 20" rifle length gas system. i was getting really weird trigger resets (or more specifically failures to reset) on occasion. called timney about it because i'd never had the problem non suppressed and they said its a known issue under supersonic suppressed fire with lightweight (carbine) buffers and non adjustable gas blocks.

you can either dial the gas back with an AGB, or increase the reciprocating mass to slow the carrier speed.

went to a h2, problem solved. smooth as butter. problem solved for $15 worth of tungsten weights from amazon or fleabay (i forget which) and about 5 mins of my life to swap them out.

I am wondering why you chose a heavier weight versus an adjustable gas block? I'm only asking so I can learn.

At the time it was budget related. I could get the TC weights for way less than a single quality agb would cost. And since this was a shared lower - it's way cheaper to mod the lower than to modify half a dozen uppers.

Under $20 vs $500-$600 made for a quick economical fix to the issue

Originally Posted By: hehunts

Just a quick FYI on this...I cancelled my order from brownells to go with WC. They offer the trigger for $135 and your choice of any pin set up for free like stated, but you can also choose and Anderson lower kit for free or tack on an extra $10 for a CMMG lower parts kit. I did the CMMG kit and trigger for $144 out the door. Not too bad of a deal. I talked to the guy at WC and asked a couple questions and he was very helpful. Just an FYI if anyone is starting a AR build with a stripped lower like I am.

I got the trigger installed and I do believe I am going to be pretty happy with it. I have not got to shoot it since it doesn't have the barrel yet but a few test runs with dry firing felt pretty dang good.

Back