MT or WY prairie dogs in September.

bmash

A buddy and I are driving from Louisiana to the Moccasin, MT area for a bird hunt and are interested in a prairie dog shoot as a side option. Not the best time of year I understand, but we will be going through Wyoming and a good part of Montana and have never done this before. We will be there the week of September 24th. Worst case we want to find some areas and contacts for next spring or early summer.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Check your area in MT for areas that are closed because of fire, danger. On the east side most of the Block Management has been closed to hunting and if we don't get some moisture all hunting could be closed till moisture arrives.

Yep, it doesn't sound good. I don't think we have had a week WITHOUT rain in south Louisiana this summer!
We are going to a lodge for a guided hunt so I hope he still has places to hunt. The idea of using my dog in other places sounds slim...I do look forward to seeing your state - first time out there.

Rain and snow this weekend. Temp drop, fire danger will be diminished. What is your budget? For $200 you can get a Crow tribal permit and have 16 million acres to hunt on.

Back