Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3086495 - 08/18/17 09:00 AM Re: CZ 527 Leupold Scope Ring Issue [Re: Flesh Eater]
Bad Dawg Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Michigan, United States
Originally Posted By: Flesh Eater
Originally Posted By: Lefty SRH
In most cases the high rings are needed because of the bolt handle. Some scopes like Leupold have a smaller ocullar section and may be able to clear the bolt handle with a lower set.

I'm running a Leupold scope, and it's close now, so hopefully the Warne rings still allow me to run the factory bolt handle.

CZ makes a nice rifle, but it's little things like the bolt handle and ring mounting that makes them frustrating. Why build a rifle that requires a scope, then design a bolt handle that makes it a challenge to mount a scope?!

I hear that. I was having a heck of a time with my 455. The bolt would rub the scope, and high rings would put the scope way too high. Finally took an angle grinder to the bolt and shaved some metal off where it was rubbing. Then sanded it smooth and re-blued it. Works like a charm!!

~Age and Wisdom Have Nothing In Common~

~Iím half deaf. If only I can become half blind, Iíll have found peace~

#3086502 - 08/18/17 09:32 AM Re: CZ 527 Leupold Scope Ring Issue [Re: Bad Dawg]
Flesh Eater Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: 2D Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Bad Dawg
Originally Posted By: Flesh Eater
In most cases the high rings are needed because of the bolt handle. Some scopes like Leupold have a smaller ocullar section and may be able to clear the bolt handle with a lower set.

I'm running a Leupold scope, and it's close now, so hopefully the Warne rings still allow me to run the factory bolt handle.

CZ makes a nice rifle, but it's little things like the bolt handle and ring mounting that makes them frustrating. Why build a rifle that requires a scope, then design a bolt handle that makes it a challenge to mount a scope?!

I hear that. I was having a heck of a time with my 455. The bolt would rub the scope, and high rings would put the scope way too high. Finally took an angle grinder to the bolt and shaved some metal off where it was rubbing. Then sanded it smooth and re-blued it. Works like a charm!!

What irritates me is that you pay $400-$700 for these CZ rifles, some which don't have iron sights, then you have to order their special bolt handle for scope applications. Why the heck don't they just put the bolt handles for scopes on rifles without iron sights from the get go?! Marketing/money gimmick, obviously, but it's still irritating.

#3086515 - 08/18/17 11:33 AM Re: CZ 527 Leupold Scope Ring Issue [Re: RePete]
Matlock Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: ID - Idaho
Originally Posted By: RePete

Whats so bad about CZ rings? Just to be clear

Not a thing if you need high rings.

I run Warn med's....QD and Fixed....with zero problems.

Talley makes a nice set of split rings for their rimfires too.

Very helpful pic. Guessing these are all 40mm objectives?

#3086555 - 08/18/17 01:24 PM Re: CZ 527 Leupold Scope Ring Issue [Re: Flesh Eater]
Lefty SRH Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: North AL
I hear what youre saying. A high bolt equals high rings. About 6-8 months after I got my CZ I had the factory stock altered and had an adjustable cheek piece hardware installed. That mad ea huge difference in shooting comfort with the higher mounted stock.
Id post a picture of it but Im not real picture posting intrenet savy, lol
I do enjoy my CZ 527 LH and my 452 LH rifles.

"In GOD We Trust"

#3086566 - 08/18/17 03:05 PM Re: CZ 527 Leupold Scope Ring Issue [Re: Lefty SRH]
B23 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Pacific NW
Being new to CZ's I very well could be misunderstood on this but I thought it was only the older 527's had the bolt handle hitting the scope issue/s and all the new 527's that were sold in the last couple years had the new/improved bolt handle, yes???

Both of my CZ 527's are the newer versions and neither of mine are even close to hitting the scope with the bolt handle.

I, also, had to put an adjustable cheek piece on one of my 527's because with using the DIP Inc. picatinny rail and even the lowest rings I could get, it was still a little to high and I couldn't get good cheekweld. The adj. cheek piece I used is from Defensive Edge Rifles and is just a very simple inexpensive light weight setup that'll work on just about any stock with a straight comb, like the CZ's.

I have the one from Defensive Edge Rifles on multiple different guns.
https://defensiveedge.net/index.php/products?start=15

#3086682 - 08/18/17 11:46 PM Re: CZ 527 Leupold Scope Ring Issue [Re: B23]
RePete Offline
PM senior

Loc: Idaho (Clearwater County)
RePete, has the top rifle in your picture been re-barreled? Who did it and whats it chambered in?

Pac-Nor.....17FB....it has a few other mods too.
It's definitely my favorite rifle but that little carbine's growing on me.

Originally Posted By: Matlock

Very helpful pic. Guessing these are all 40mm objectives?

40 and 36....28 on the rimfire...grin

Originally Posted By: B23
Being new to CZ's I very well could be misunderstood on this but I thought it was only the older 527's had the bolt handle hitting the scope issue/s and all the new 527's that were sold in the last couple years had the new/improved bolt handle, yes???

With CZ nothings a given but that should be the case.

My old 527 pictured with med Warns needed a Calhoon bolt handle where as my new 527 Carbine clears the bolt handle wearing med Warns. Both are Leupold scopes with the exact same ocular bell dia..

#3086767 - 08/19/17 01:45 PM Re: CZ 527 Leupold Scope Ring Issue [Re: Flesh Eater]
Lefty SRH Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: North AL
RePete, what other mods have been done to the 17FB?

"In GOD We Trust"

#3086780 - 08/19/17 02:42 PM Re: CZ 527 Leupold Scope Ring Issue [Re: Lefty SRH]
RePete Offline
PM senior

Loc: Idaho (Clearwater County)
Calhoon bolt handle, Miles Gilbert grip cap. and I had RVB shorten the magazine and bottom metal.

Here's a better pic of it.
You'll have to click the link....imgur's having a bad day.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ElueL4H.jpg?1[/img]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.