Az javelina

glass, glass and glass. Finding them is the hard part. Killing one is easy. Look for hillsides with lots of prickly pear cactus and shindaggers on them. They'll feed until late morning most of the time.

Where is your tag for?

Are you hunting in the phx area?

I would suggest that you get out at 1st light and watch the hill sides of areas covered with prickly pear, like stated before.

After light if you don't see them, you can walk along hill sides (half way up the hills) and walk along the hill side. You will smell them. kinda like skunk.

If it's really pungent, find somewhere to glass, and see if you can spot them. If you can get close to them, use a jack rabbit call..
Be ready
be very ready,

They usually come tearing in, (it happens to me just north of Cave creek on bartlett lake road, and 7 springs roads often)

Once they are getting close stop calling, before they are in the desired range, and a decoy like the mojo critter seems to stop them in their tracks when they spot it.

Good luck.

Let me rephrase

I archery hunt in Arizona (spring Javelina) and have shot a Javelina with my bow every year since 2006.

Find cut corn fields and you will pigs. You can usually catch them coming off the fields as the sun is coming up.

Oh I read you loud and clear that's actually a really good idea do you look for corn fields that butt up to open desert or just agricultural areas with farmers consent

Oh I read you loud and clear that's actually a really good idea do you look for corn fields that butt up to open desert or just agricultural areas with farmers consent

Back