...Little change of plans...

Infidel 762

Staff member
Had a spot picked out to go make a stand as the sun set. Driving out I see the landowner cutting his irrigated corn field into silage. A combine and two trucks tearing up Coyote's territory, exposing vermin and other targets of opportunity. With the active machinery, I decide to hit that section instead. I setup close to the four corners, center of the section with a cornfield being harvested on my right and a quarter section of cow peas on my left. My intention was to call them from the woodlot with creek bottom running thru the Southeast quarter of the section. Sometimes they come straight down the rows; other times they just skirt the edge.

Im still going back to watch the sunset from the ridge I had originally planned to visit. Going back to visit, the next time the wind is out of the Southeast. Out… Southeast…

Never hunted crop land but do like to hunt pastures when they are running roller chop. Big difference is there are no rows to funnel them to you; in fact the deep furrows cut in an irregular pattern often cause them to zig-zag a lot. Still just like ringing the dinner bell!
lol.gif

Thanks for sharing your hunt, Jeremy.

Regards,
hm

Back