Photon vs. Vampier

varminter .223

My photon killed several coyotes last year as my only night optics but I am gonna probably end up with an XP50 on my primary gun for this up upcoming season. I plan on having three guns ready this year and I am curious what you guys who have used both think of the Armasight Vampire in comparison to the Photon XT 4.6. THANKS!

Last edited:
Pm me and ill give you my honest breakdown of the two. Having both and used both they are about neck and neck. What one lacks the other has and vise versa

I don't have any experience with the photon but I have had an x-sight. I was super please when I got my vampire. The biggest advantages to me were the FOV, next to no IR feedback off of nearby tall grass or tree's and not having to deal with batteries. The only thing the vampire lacked was magnification. That being said I was able to dump a dog at 240 yards with it.

So the ir wash and reflection off of foliage isnt as bad with the vampire as opposed to the photon? I have looked through my buddies vampire but have never hunted with it since he acquired it after the season ended.

Last edited:
Back