Mossberg MVP Predator 18 1/2" Barrel in 5.56

Bad Dawg

Picked up my new rifle yesterday. Hoping to get some time to install the scope and take it to the range this weekend. Did a lot of research on this rifle and seems like most of the reviews have been good about the accuracy. I'll post some pics of the groups after I get it to the range. Have a good day fellow yote slayers!

I hope it works well for you. I kind of like the idea of a detachable mag. I looked at them pretty hard a while ago. I shot and 18" 223 for about 40 yrs, never had a complaint about how it shot or killed. Many years ago I started shooting 3031 under a 50gr bullet in the 223 case and it worked so well I never changed even if it is a pain to meter.

What kind of glass are you going to mount on it?

AWS

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AWSI hope it works well for you. I kind of like the idea of a detachable mag. I looked at them pretty hard a while ago. I shot and 18" 223 for about 40 yrs, never had a complaint about how it shot or killed. Many years ago I started shooting 3031 under a 50gr bullet in the 223 case and it worked so well I never changed even if it is a pain to meter.

What kind of glass are you going to mount on it?

AWS

Hey AWS, I will be putting a Vortex Diamondback 3x12x42 BDC on it.

That's good to know about your 18" barreled rifle. I really like how short the rifle is. I do a ton of walking during yote season, and most of it is thru some pretty deep snow. So I'm thinking this rifle will be pretty easy to haul around out there.

Last edited:
I used to do a lot of fox hunting back in WI and MN before snowmobiles were in use. I did everything off of skis or snowshoes but mostly skis. I made a little leather scabbard that went on my back, now they make them commercially. For awhile I used a double sling that worked ok also like they use on Biathlon rifles but it exposed the rifle to too much snow going through the Brush. I have a double sling set up on my AR to use while hiking. Pic to come.

AR with double sling

Back scabbard(nimrod) with bolt action

Last edited:
Rich's Precision Guns and Predatormaster's get all the credit for the AR, I just did the sling and had a good day at the range.

Yes that is the scabbard, mine is an older model though.

Last edited:
AWS, will that scabbard fit a scoped rifle with a small 6-9" bipod on it?

I never use the bipod to shoot off of, so I guess not having it on would be an option. But I really like having them on all my rifles because it makes it easy to set it down in the field.

No it won't but you can slide your shooting sticks down along side the rifle in the scabbard.

I add a long pin/stud to the front sling swivel to keep them from skidding off the sticks.

Here is a pic with the pin/stud at the front of the stock, I usually paint or tape them but this is gun is just for fun not hunting.

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks again for the info. I appreciate it. Gonna order one up here in the morning. Another fine looking rifle ya got there!!

Back