Our governor the liar

vahunter

https://reason.com/blog/2017/08/16/virginia-state-police-say-they-didnt-fin

Virginia State Police Say They Didn't Find Caches of Weapons in Charlottesville
C.J. Ciaramella|, Aug. 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe said police found weapons stashed by white nationalists. Police say they didn't.

Pacific Press/Sipa USA/NewscomContradicting statements by Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, the Virginia State Police say they did not find caches of weapons stashed around Charlottesville in advance of last Saturday's deadly white nationalist rally.

In an interview Monday on the Pod Save the People podcast, hosted by Black Lives Matter activist DeRay Mckesson, McAuliffe claimed the white nationalists who streamed into Charlottesville that weekend hid weapons throughout the town.

"They had battering rams and we had picked up different weapons that they had stashed around the city," McAuliffe told Mckesson.

McAuliffe's comments were picked up by other news outlets and spread through social media. But Corinne Geller, a spokesperson for the Virginia State Police, says that no such stashes were found.

"The governor was referring to the briefing provided him in advance of Saturday's rally and the extra security measures being taken by local and state police," Geller tells Reason. "As a safety precaution in advance of August 12, such searches were conducted in and around Emancipation and McIntire Parks. No weapons were located as a result of those searches."

The Virginia State Police also disputed McAuliffe's claims that Virginia State Police were underequipped to deal with the heavily armed militia members at Saturday's rally.

"The governor was referencing the weapons and tactical gear the members of various groups attending the rally had on their persons," Geller says. "I can assure you that the Virginia State Police personnel were equipped with more-than-adequate specialized tactical and protective gear for the purpose of fulfilling their duties to serve and protect those in attendance of the August 12 event in Charlottesville."

McAuliffe claimed in an interview with The New York Times that law enforcement arrived to find a line of militia members who "had better equipment than our State Police had." In longer comments that were later edited out of the Times' story, McAuliffe said that up to 80 percent of the rally attendees were carrying semi-automatic weapons. "You saw the militia walking down the street, you would have thought they were an army," he said.

Virginia police have come under criticism for failing to quell violence at the rally, which left one counterprotester dead and more than 30 injured.

-------------------------------------------
VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
(VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization
dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to
Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]

wait - let me be shocked.

ok. i'm over it.

once the media hype dies down - i cant wait for the local political heads to roll. i want to know who issued the stand down order to the police. i also want to know who gave the order to allow anyone into the area wearing a mask or carrying a weapon - or who failed to issue that order. who dropped that ball?!?!?!?

they had to know this was going to be a hot potato, why was there no proactive enforcement of some basic common sense crowd control tactics employed!

i dont support any of the hate groups that were there in any way, shape, or form. I dont care of its BLM, Neonazis, antifa, the kkk, the workers party or whoever.

even with that said, i still strongly believe in and support every citizens right to peaceful assembly - no matter how little i support your message.

however as soon as you cross the line from speech to action and throw a punch, swing an object at someone, block a highway/roadway (unless the road blockage is pre-approved as part of said march anyway), throw an object at someone or damage public/private property - you're no longer a protester and officially a rioter and need to be arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of your crimes. your political or social affiliation, race, creed, gender, or religion no longer has anything to do with it. once you cross that line the only label that matters is rioter/criminal. period.

anyone that tells people otherwise should be charged as an accomplice for attempting to cover up said crimes.

Last edited:
SO for 3 i mean 4 days and counting Trump has denounced the violence and those hate groups. He supported those there peacefully protesting (per the constitution, and with a permit)

Not good enough for the media and they keep acting like somehow if they ask for the 100th time now all of a sudden he will say "you got me, i love them all"

BUT.. .
The Gov. of the state where it happened is a lying dirt bag that is the same moron that said millions are dying from guns every day.

His stupid, baseless statements, with no denouncement of the violence from all doing it, and the media says nothing..
They don't report the lies, don't report that clearly those there were not better armed or supplied, unless he somehow thinks baseball helmets and pvc pipes and closet rods are high tech.

But, still, not a single challenge by the media over the lies.

They are no longer a public service and really just a political advocate and the FCC should be looking into fining and revoking their lic. for those on the public broadcast networks. They are not a media, they are a political advocacy and PAC.

That governor should be arrested. He set this up to fail. And his assistant is a known black supremiscist. Yea you dont hear that about blacks do you. It always the whites!

Now our wise governor wants to take down all the Confederate statues and put up statues of blacks. There is a street in Richmond named Monument Ave that has a Confederate statue in just about every intersection. He's not going to be satisfied until he starts a race war.

Originally Posted By: vahunterNow our wise governor wants to take down all the Confederate statues and put up statues of blacks. There is a street in Richmond named Monument Ave that has a Confederate statue in just about every intersection. He's not going to be satisfied until he starts a race war.

Unless they are going to let everyone out of prison, that shouldn't take long. Even if they do let everyone out, that might add a few days at most.

But, Seriously.. Why, why now, for what, what is this helping or solving..

I sure hope that some of the politicians start to grow some confidence and start calling this out for what it is.. Dems doing everything they can to in their own words "be ungovernable" Which if the working people of the country start to see it for what it is means anarchy and violate the rule of law.
Hopefully, the states where GOP controls they stop this dead in it's tracks and arrest anyone breaking the law.
Let the dems states go to trash, riot, burn it down.. Then refuse federal funds to fix it. They will have a mass exodus of workers and be left as welfare states. (as they deserve)

Back