Any of you using the Lyman Gen 6? Update

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I am confident this Gen6 is my last electronic scale and dispenser. It will be a Harrell's after this one dies. The biggest issue with electronics is that there are just too many ways a device can be adversely affected.

You will be very happy you did
wink.gif
It takes a little getting used to the Harrell's but once you get that touch they drop pretty dang consistent...

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI still have my Old 55 and a set of scales. Bout to go back to old school.

That Old Lyman 55 is a pretty good drop to
wink.gif

My main complaint with the 55 was setting it up. It seemed hard (for me) to adjust for the correct weight. But when adjusted, it dropped consistent charges. Stick type powders were kinda tough at times when it tried to cut kernels of powder.

If I'm not way off base, a friend had the same 55 or one very similar converted by a guy that changed the way the 55 worked to "clicks". X amount of clicks equal a grain of powder. His works very well but I don't think the person that did the conversion is around any more. It really makes adjusting the drop pretty simple.

With my old 55 I don't use the two smaller slides on rifle powders, just the main slide. Takes a fine touch and some frustration while setting it, but mush less cutting of grains of powder.

Back